I am currently on the newest OS 2.1.0.1032.

In that last few days, every time I try to check Messages, I get a request for password linked to one of my Yahoo Mail accounts.

I check and I had no issue receiving and sending email from said account yet I was getting the password dialog request box everytime I opened Messages.

I then went into Setup and Accounts and noticed that the address book linked to that Yahoo Account using the CardDAV feature in the Advanced Setup was listed as inactive or not connected.

I deleted that Contact account in Setup and tried to re-install. However, the response I get is information is incorrect or changed. I can assure it has not and in fact works in other email clients.

Any suggestions?
    10-11-12 03:40 PM
    Several of us have the same problem as of a few days ago. Looks like Yahoo did something that broke it and from what I gather, it probably won't get fixed. Someone posted that they synced their Gmail account to their Yahoo one and were then able to get their contacts to the pb. I ended up just copying and pasting the ones I needed into Contacts and am praying they won't go "poof" at some point. Good luck!
    10-11-12 04:04 PM
    Me too. This week.
    10-11-12 05:55 PM
    Yahoo Mail seems to be a problem with each PB change. My YMail access went from accessible to not, alternating by the second. It took two account removals and reboots before that situation was resolved this time. But, like OP, the constant password requests. I typed it in a few times but ultimately hit cancel. Seems to function fine for now. Remove. Reset. Repeat. That's my advice.
    linza79 likes this.
    10-11-12 06:36 PM
    Same problem here.
    10-11-12 06:52 PM
    Same problem with contacts here. Has anyone tried to see if outlook.com contacts will sync?
    10-12-12 07:27 AM
    Also here. They used to work post the new upgrade to 2.1. WTH??
    10-12-12 06:17 PM
    Do Yahoo Contacts sync for ANYONE on 2.1?

Thanks
    10-15-12 03:43 AM
    Not yet

Hopefully soon
    10-15-12 06:25 AM
    Others are having the same trouble with Yahoo addresses.
    "cannot verify server identity of "carddav.address.yahoo.com"" - MacRumors Forums
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    11-09-12 10:13 PM
    Several of us have the same problem as of a few days ago. Looks like Yahoo did something that broke it and from what I gather, it probably won't get fixed.
    Ok. I would be interested in knowing why the problem doesn't occur on my Windows, Linux and Android devices. Please illuminate me.
    11-10-12 03:14 AM
    Ok. I would be interested in knowing why the problem doesn't occur on my Windows, Linux and Android devices. Please illuminate me.
    Nor does it occur with Gmail. It is a Yahoo mobile issue and I wish Y would fix it.
    11-11-12 03:56 AM
    My contacts have never synced.....the password request occurred for 2 days then seemed to clear itself up? Everything seems to be back to normal at this time. (as far as normal is with yahoo ) it seems that yahoo and PlayBook will never get this right! I talked to support at yahoo in the past and they said it's an incompatible system, and they were not going to address it due to the low volume of PlayBook users. ( I would dump yahoo but unfortunately they have me locked in with my uverse system...which works flawlessly )
    11-11-12 05:13 AM
    It seems to be a Yahoo/Playbook compatibility problem & have no idea why it doesn't work. You'd have to ask them. Sorry.
    11-11-12 08:57 AM
    Ok. Please illuminate me.
    In which colors would you like to be illuminated?
    11-11-12 09:23 PM
    Yes I cant wireless sync my yahoo contacts with my blackberry the [SYNC] is not available in the service books, and the wireless sync option sets on default, but its fine for my GMAIL sync....
    12-24-12 06:59 PM
    My yahoo contacts were missing until 1314, then I synced my email and they came back. But I lost my yahoo folder content.

I would advise against deleting and restoring your email account. It took me 4 weeks of typing my email and pw maybe a 100 times to restore my email.
    12-24-12 07:12 PM
    so is there any way to sync the contacts from blackberry to yahoo and vice versa?
    02-28-13 02:44 PM