I just came across this app in App World and I think it warrants it's own thread. If this app is an example of things to come in terms of content consumption on the Playbook, then I am blown away.

Has anyone else downloaded this app yet? I wonder if it was made using the NDK, WebWorks, or Air. The animations are smooth and it has HD video embedded

I just wanted to point this out, because it showcases the Playbook's potential in terms of apps and quality.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    06-08-11 08:55 PM
    do you have a link for it?
    06-08-11 09:03 PM
    You ended up making a thread for it huh?

I attest to that. Great app. It's not QUITE 60fps smooth like the Scrapbook and other TAT showcased apps are but close. I think it is flash or air based. I can't wait until the NDK comes out....
    06-08-11 09:17 PM
    that is pretty nice. Made me want to watch the movie.
    06-08-11 09:38 PM
    cant seem to find a download link anywhere. can anyone post a link for the PB? the only one i found was for handheld.
    06-08-11 09:57 PM
    cant seem to find a download link anywhere. can anyone post a link for the PB? the only one i found was for handheld.
    i googled it and followed a link, but it said "the item is not supported by your current profile". I suspect this is the reason you cant find it, i'm in canada as well and there must be some restriction
    06-08-11 10:34 PM
    Imagine that, it's not like X-Men wasn't part of playbook commercials or anything like that, lul..
    06-08-11 11:02 PM
    Wow, this app is pretty sweet. Hope to see more apps like this!
    06-08-11 11:23 PM
    figured id drop the link here for everyone, by far THE best layout iv seen for media, with stuff like the ibooksesque page flipping and built in content its what Kobo should of been but wasnt.

BlackBerry App World - X-Men EXTRA Magazine

dont ask me why but is australia, usa and uk only
    06-09-11 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD