Seriously RIM, how the **** do you hire people that are barely able to speak, let alone try to assist me with yet another problem? And another thing, how the heck am I supposed to register my Playbook on the BlackBerry - Getting Started page? There is absolutely nothing to enter to register my PB! Every RIM associate I talk to asks me if I have register it and I advise no, then it turns into some marble mouthed gibberish about what is the problem. How do I talk to someone that has even the slightest clue? I am so "F"-ing pissed I can't even see straight
    04-20-11 12:46 PM
    From what I've read of other people with this problem, they said to not waste your time calling RIM and to just return it to the store and get another one.
    04-20-11 12:47 PM
    why did rimm release such an awful product? being a PB tech support rep has to be a nightmare job.
    04-20-11 12:47 PM
    why did rimm release such an awful product? being a PB tech support rep has to be a nightmare job.
    What issues are you having with your Playbook?
    04-20-11 12:52 PM
    Prey521, I'm on my second one....I'm starting to think this thing is a real POS! I understand that they have some bugs, but did RIM run this thing through the ringer to check for bugs. I'm now on with a Tier 1 tech support person, who I can almost understand, but even he seems to know very little about the unit. This is absolutely baffling to me? How does this even happen? I really have to question all of the others who love this thing. I admit, it has a great feel and seems real snappy, but if the thing keeps breaking, who the **** is gonna buy one.
    04-20-11 12:56 PM
    I've been on with them all morning regarding two different issues. While they could have been more knowledgeable, it was easy to simply register at their support site and call in.
    04-20-11 12:57 PM
    i7Guy, I cant get my browser to connect now. It was working like a champ last night and now all of a sudden, the window pops up and then it does not have any of my favorites and none of the buttons on the toolbar work. I know my Wifi is up and running and I have shut off the wifi on the PB and reconnected. I did a hard reboot on the PB....still nothing. I am going to be beyond angry if I have to return this again....
    04-20-11 12:58 PM
    I just read a lot.
    04-20-11 12:58 PM
    i7Guy, I cant get my browser to connect now. It was working like a champ last night and now all of a sudden, the window pops up and then it does not have any of my favorites and none of the buttons on the toolbar work. I know my Wifi is up and running and I have shut off the wifi on the PB and reconnected. I did a hard reboot on the PB....still nothing. I am going to be beyond angry if I have to return this again....
    again? oh dear....
    04-20-11 12:59 PM
    @Bluemax413....did you register your S/N? or just start up an account? I saw no where that you could enter your S/N?
    04-20-11 01:02 PM
    @Bluemax413....did you register your S/N? or just start up an account? I saw no where that you could enter your S/N?
    s/n. just go to the support page on blackberry.com

Sent from my PlayBook!
    04-20-11 01:12 PM
    In my experience Dtender just hangs out here complaining about Rim and Rim products. He's a bit like a cranky grandparent at a family gathering whinging about everything not being the way it used to be. It was annoying for a while but now it's kind of comforting
    04-20-11 01:29 PM
    It is so GD frustrating to talk to a tier 1 tech, who basically fumbled through the canned questions. He too had no idea about what was going on. I don't even work for RIM and I know more about the PB just from reading on Crackberry. My next step is to go to a Tier 2 tech....anyone have any more suggestions about getting to talk to someone at RIM, that has even the slightest clue? How the **** does this company exist if they have such utterly poor customer service? If I had know all of this many years ago, I would have never gone with RIM. At least when it is an issue with my phone, I call Verizon, who 9 times out of 10, can help me out. Sadly now, we are stuck with dealing with the technically handicapped bafoons that are tyring to pass off talking on the phone about nothing as tech support. Utterly disgusting. I hope those reading this think twice about going with any RIM product.
    04-20-11 01:40 PM
    I had a first had experience with RIM's PB support. Overall, it is pretty bad.

The first person I spoke to was completely untrailed (didn't know what the bridge was, how it worked, etc. etc.) proceeded to ask me if I have the same issue when I bridge via USB (waaaa?)

Calling back got me someone with a bit more knowledge, but here is how RIM's support seems to work

Explain issue, put on hold until they can "research it" can't find an answer, go to level 2, put on hold so level 2 can now research it, can't find an answer, off to level 3 where they document the issue step by step, which is very, very painful.

I spent 2 hours on the phone to get no where (ended up resolving it myself after some dumb luck, wifi profiles can mess up your bridge, people!!).

Overall, quite poor
    04-20-11 01:44 PM
    Seriously dutchtender - if you're not adding any value to the thread then don't post. All that ever gets posted from you is RIM bashing. That's not helping the OP or any other posts that you've mouthed off in.

Yes, PB is having some software issues - that's great. Hopefully RIM will fix them with future updates and sooner rather than later.
    1812dave and kbeard26 like this.
    04-20-11 01:47 PM
    Seriously dutchtender - if you're not adding any value to the thread then don't post. All that ever gets posted from you is RIM bashing. That's not helping the OP or any other posts that you've mouthed off in.
    That is all he is here for. The ignore feature is a must for people like him.
    1812dave likes this.
    04-20-11 01:48 PM
    I just finished registering my PB. I got an email today subject line "Welcome to Your New Blackberry Playbook tablet". It had a link to "Register Now" which takes you to BB Support page to enter a serial number. The next screen gets your personal info for a 90-day support account.

If you need any links or more info, just ask.
    04-20-11 02:02 PM
    Imagine that with a Beta product just being released that Tech Support has their hands full.
    04-20-11 02:07 PM
    Something tells me RIM should have offered a 1 year support period with the PB instead of this noob-like 90 day one. Any idea what nationality these support reps are? Would be nice if you guys could ask them where they're based out of. I'm interested to know if RIM outsourced their PB support to some 3rd party company/call center type deal.
    04-20-11 02:42 PM
    Was this necessary? You went from "all platforms besides BB fanboy" to "fanboy of negativity".
    04-20-11 02:47 PM
    Was this necessary? You went from "all platforms besides BB fanboy" to "fanboy of negativity".
    wait a sec. what did I say that was wrong? I have an opinion about the product based on my research and expressed it. to blame support reps for this disaster is foolhardy. they are sitting there trying to pick up the pieces of a massively buggy unfinished product.
    04-20-11 02:53 PM
    wait a sec. what did I say that was wrong? I have an opinion about the product based on my research and expressed it. to blame support reps for this disaster is foolhardy. they are sitting there trying to pick up the pieces of a massively buggy unfinished product.
    Dude, I'm not ignorant. Everything you post on this forum is straight bashing anything and everything RIM. You just said in the post I quoted that the PB is an awful product. Someone can easily look at your post history and see that that is all you do. It does get old after a while.
    04-20-11 05:08 PM
    Dude, I'm not ignorant. Everything you post on this forum is straight bashing anything and everything RIM. You just said in the post I quoted that the PB is an awful product. Someone can easily look at your post history and see that that is all you do. It does get old after a while.
    yeah. about 771 posts ago.
    04-20-11 05:29 PM
    yeah. about 771 posts ago.
    Very true.
    04-20-11 05:36 PM
    I called last night because I was having an issue installing bridge. The rep fixed it quickly and spoke perfect english. Honestly, I was very impressed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 06:29 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD