Not sure if a similar topic has been posted in this forum before, but here goes. Considering the thousands of PBs out there why doesn't someone write a "How To" book for users? I believe there is a market out there for this. Its always handy to have a hard copy of a User's Manual instead of having to resort to an online manual.

Is someone working on this?
    Cracklen likes this.
    07-28-12 10:25 PM
    Hopefully, the Matthew Miller will update the book "BlackBerry PlayBook Companion" (ISBN: 978-1-118-02648-9) published by Wiley with the release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.1. This is an essential reference book for every BlackBerry PlayBook user. Maybe if you buy a copy (paperback or e-book) the author can be encouraged to update the book.
    07-28-12 11:44 PM
    Wow, this is a game changer for me. I didn't know one existed. Now, more than ever, I know I have to have the PB. Thanks a million for the link.
    07-29-12 12:07 AM
    There is the sticky at the top of this forum for new users with lots of answers. It had been organized but I'm sure that newer info has been appended. It would make a great starting point for such a treatise.
    07-29-12 08:32 AM
    I actually have 2 copies of above mentioned book. Very nice - but outdated by now....
    07-29-12 11:07 AM
    I got Playbook for Dummies and still refer to it once in a while. It is readable and well written as are most dummy books but it covers OS 1.0 and thus also needs an update. They have a website you can check for further info. Don't think anybody is going to spend much effort on a BBPB book until they get a better idea as to what is going to happen to the machine and the operating system. If no one steps into the breach then maybe then the PB community will have to step in and make sort of a playbook wikipedia.
    07-29-12 12:58 PM
    Several updated books due to be released according to Amazon - can't wait - long overdue - plenty of books for all other tablets within a week of them being on sale !! why not Blackberry ?
    07-29-12 02:25 PM
    Good feedback, all. Hopefully Matthew Miller's Blackberry Playbook Companion will get an update soon. After all, it shouldn't be much of an effort, since the core info is already available. But maybe after BB10 is out?
    07-29-12 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD