It generates more revenue to sell apps than allowing access to browsers.
    03-19-12 11:27 AM
    I see the tin foil hat crowd is certainly out in numbers. ABC is not blocking the Playbook. They are blocking unapproved browsers, OSs, and devices, which (not coincidentally) did not start until after some recent updates to Flash. This is simply about controlling content. It is no different than what various media companies have done with Google and Android devices. They only want mobile devices to have access through apps, or otherwise through avenues they can control.

Instead of whining about non-existent conspiracies against a minor market share product, perhaps people might want to ask questions that really matter. The biggest question is why RIM decided to advertise its tablet as offering the full web experience when they had not worked out deals with major content providers to get its OS/browser on their lists. One could also ask about lack of Silverlight support for the same reason. Actually, there is some fodder for legal action, but it would be in the form of a class action suit against RIM for false advertising. They either did not take the necessary steps to ensure their advertising claims were true or knowingly advertised things they knew were false. Even as people face dwindling access to media content though, my bet is some around here will find it easier to conjure up conspiracies theories about evil technology companies and media moguls, than consider that it might be at RIM's doorstep. The cult of RIM obviously still exists....
    03-19-12 11:32 AM
    thats all good and well if you have endless amounts of time.

Trust me, ive been there done that. icefilms.info was my best friend. however, icefilms was always slow or down, and when it worked, the coding was always spotty. when it wasnt and everything ran smooth life was great. Shows were usually on within 10 minutes of the original airtime (once it was over of course). Then Megaupload got busted and down went 80% of icefilms content.
    Searching your favorite show for torrent or download is met with 1000 fake sites and fake links. when you do finally find one that works youre lucky if its good quality.

I agree though i HATE HATE HATE streaming but ABCFamilys streaming was actually, bearable. The benefit of streaming for those who dont pay verizon 100/month is that its available as soon as you decide you want to watch it, instead of having to wait for a download. If im going to pay 100 bucks/month i might as well get DVR service and cut out the searching. (i dont pay for internet now)

Please enlighten me on your sources so that i may revert to using those.
    It sucks BTJunkie went down, thats what I used but they voluntarily gave up a couple months ago. Now I dont know what to use. I guess The Pirate's Bay, they are better than the other sites I have used in the past. But BTJunkie was the best, in my opinion. Sad they are gone. And does it really take you that long to dl a show or movie? It never took me more than half an hour for a show or like an hour and a half for a movie, unless I was using my phones modem to dl it.
    Last edited by ThaSwapMeetPimp; 03-19-12 at 06:49 PM.
    03-19-12 06:47 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD