now if only you could use the tilt sensors in your phone for a game like asphalt or nfs
    02-21-12 12:43 AM
    Still only bridge v1.0.7.4 offered when I look at Appworld through my phone, in the UK.
    Get it at http://rroyy.com/ota
    02-21-12 12:46 AM
    i kept getting errors doing that.. but after it showed up in appworld for me and got it there no problem.
    02-21-12 12:47 AM
    now if only you could use the tilt sensors in your phone for a game like asphalt or nfs
    yeah that'll be killer for sure. I'm hoping the BB10's will support that over bridge.
    02-21-12 12:59 AM
    Great features in the remote. The originator should get one of Rim's biggest awards.

This is opening up possibilities - what a difference from last Summer.

I'd any trolls appear, it will be easier EO KIat ignore them - I'm enjoying and anticipating too much. haha
    fanatical likes this.
    02-21-12 01:10 AM
    Alt-RST was unsuccessful. Trying an uninstall, reboot and see what happens.
    02-21-12 01:15 AM
    Still no joy

However, did not realise there was a newer version of App World. Installing it now.

Fingers crossed.
    02-21-12 01:46 AM
    Pushing the BB symbol button brings up a bunch of options.

On my touch screen if I hold my finger down the phone will vibrate enabling cursor only movement and then I can double tap to enable double finger scrolling.
    02-21-12 01:59 AM
    Installed the latest AppWorld and Bridge on our BB Style. Connected to our PlayBook. Opened a photo on the phone and selected "Open on PlayBook". Error.

Oh well maybe it will work tomorrow.
    02-21-12 03:40 AM
    New App World worked for me. Now have a cool remote control feature. I presume some of the features won't work until OS 2.0 is installed.
    02-21-12 03:48 AM
    OK so was just listening to Kevin�s interview with RIMs Michael Clewley

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Video Chat Interview w/ Michael Clewley of Research In Motion - YouTube

and couldn�t help but notice that right at the 9 min. mark, Michael mentioned how they had a great response to the bridge remote. He mentioned people plugging into there 50� TV, sitting on the couch and not only watching videos on the PB, but using the remote to play games like monopoly So did Micheal read my post or was this just a coincidence???
    vhorst and 00stryder like this.
    02-21-12 06:23 PM
    My friend who is a huge Android supported and "anti" BlackBerry went nuts when I bridge my phone to his tablet. He could not believe it.

02-21-12 09:33 PM
    love it. the way the playbook and bridge should have been from the getgo
    02-21-12 09:36 PM
    Are the bridge 2.0 features only compatible with OS 7 phones?
    02-21-12 11:28 PM
    Used my Playbook to watch netflix on the old 51" plasma..... I use the 9800 as a remote control... hook up the pb to the tv and use splashtop to access Nexflix on my PC in the offce.... works like a dream.... because I have fast internet no lag at all..... One thing I also noticed was that bridge browsing seems noticably faster... Will see if it holds or not but definately faster than past sessions..... Love playing.....
    02-21-12 11:52 PM
    As far as I can tell, the Bridge 2.0 features are compatible with phones running OS 5.0 and up.
    02-22-12 01:13 AM
    Used my Playbook to watch netflix on the old 51" plasma..... I use the 9800 as a remote control... hook up the pb to the tv and use splashtop to access Nexflix on my PC in the offce.... works like a dream.... because I have fast internet no lag at all..... One thing I also noticed was that bridge browsing seems noticably faster... Will see if it holds or not but definately faster than past sessions..... Love playing.....
    haha nice db, you really pushed it to the limit to get the Netflix Like they say, were theres a will theres a way

Yup stryder is correct it does work on 5.0 and above. took a couple tries to get it installed on the 9000, but it eventually saw the update. With that being said however, it functions MUCH better on the touch screen phones.
    02-22-12 06:22 AM
    A Game changer for you I bet.....
    There should be a lost pun tag or something.
    02-22-12 07:42 AM
    I just see so much potential for this that I hadn't considered before. I mean it was great the bit of fun we had tonight with it, watching videos' pics, games etc..... But this is going to be a great tool at work in the the boardroom as well !! We've always been BB and BES in the office, but a couple iProducts have started trickling in.

I see me scheduling a meeting in the next couple days, and doing a presentation with the PB -> LCD and remoting from the BB...... everyone will be WTF ???? haha, now I just need to think up a reason to call a meeting
    I thought the same thing for my presentations. Go get 'em!
    02-22-12 08:49 AM
    How do you get around not having the kindle app on the PB? I am trying to find a very simple way of dealing with this so i can give it to my wife.

Sideloading seems like it could cause problems. I just got this thing and would rather keep it close to stock for my wife.

I was just doing the same thing, watching utube, played some games, checked email, and just all around showing off. It p^%$#d my daughter off, she has a android tablet and really didn't appreciate all my gloating. LOL I told her that tomorrow I'd be able to use a lot of android apps, her face started turning red.
    My wife talked me into letting her play with it for a while, she's ready to get rid of her kindle fire now. Can't wait to take it to work with the new OS installed, I'm going to really feel like the man.
    02-22-12 09:05 AM
    I love having left, right, and middle click. So underrated.
    02-22-12 09:10 AM
    It's that cool huh.
    You have to crack a smile every time you run it.
    02-22-12 09:24 AM
    I love having left, right, and middle click. So underrated.
    How do you use that?
    02-22-12 09:42 AM
    Hi guys just want to ask how can u minimize the app window on the playbook by ur phone? im using a 9780 and seems hard to swipe up/down/left/right from the pb bezel using the trackpad...
    Try double-clicking the BB key on your phone. I think that should work.
    02-22-12 10:58 AM
    Hi guys just want to ask how can u minimize the app window on the playbook by ur phone? im using a 9780 and seems hard to swipe up/down/left/right from the pb bezel using the trackpad...

Just press alt and click (some times u need to click+up/down/right/left)...

Enjoy
    02-22-12 01:49 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD