View Poll Results: Would you still recommend a playbook to your family or friends?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

114 65.14%
  • No

61 34.86%
    Dropbox = Box.net

Sugersync = Not sure if box does syncing or not

Skype = AV by AOL

Zumodrive = Box.net again?

Seems you have listed ones that do the same thing other then Skype?
    I know that SugarSync, Zumodrive & Dropbox are all cloud storage apps, but I use each differently.
    I checked out AV by AOL - thanks for that, as I did not know about it before. Problem is, I actually need Skype, as most of my business associates and clients use Skype to communicate.
    I think I just have to accept the fact that, as is, the PB just isn't for me.
    I'll go take a look at the GTab 7 Plus or similar.

Thanks for the input.
    11-20-11 09:17 PM
    I actually wouldn't recommend the Playbook anymore. And with all honesty I am starting to regret that I sold my iPad.. It's not that its not a good device or doesn't have a great operating system, its the lack of updates that is killing it for me..

When I got the Playbook I had really high hopes for OS 2.0, but as everyone knows its been delayed, maybe in a few months time when they actually release this OS 2.0 with the Android Player my recommendation might change..

If you can get it at the $200 price point, and that is all your looking to invest then by all means get it, but I wouldn't have high hopes of software updates..

RIM needs to get it's act together..
    Sounds very familiar - where have I heard that old saw before ?
    Oh of course, the guy below you that likes you - you must be a disciple of F2!
    11-20-11 09:24 PM
    Since the PB doesn't run the apps you listed and OS2 content is unknown....the answer seems clear that this may not be the tab for you except as a companion to your BB
    Yeah, I agree. Shame, because the hardware is great and from all accounts the OS is superb, but without the Apps that I need, it would be a coaster, even at $199.
    Oh well, Android here I come.
    11-20-11 09:28 PM
    No at this point I would not recommend anyone get a Playbook, not until we see software updates.. Unless you manage to get it on sale for $199.. Then It's a killer deal..
    Your recommendation is bipolar....I can't tell whether you have used one, read about it or really dislike the PB a little or a lot
    11-20-11 09:45 PM
    Sounds very familiar - where have I heard that old saw before ?
    Oh of course, the guy below you that likes you - you must be a disciple of F2!
    well, your argument was that i attack everybody on this forum.

i would invite anyone to go over your posts (for people who are new, simply press the username and it will take you to a page where you can find all posts by that user).

personal attacks on anyone who would dare saying anything negative about your fetish is what you've been doing all the time.

if mods give me a warning on this one, that will definitely show how impartial they are give some people a warning, while ignoring others. please, note that Yamcha was simply stating his argument about why he wouldn't recommend the playbook, and blackjack, of course, had to attack not one but two users for that.

"keeping you honest" cheers.
    Last edited by adamman; 11-20-11 at 10:17 PM.
    11-20-11 09:53 PM
    Would recommend it to anyone that already has a Blackberry. Being able to bridge without having to pay extra for tether or additional usage. Just my .02
    11-20-11 10:27 PM
    Like what?? Wait for 9 months for native email, spend $550 for a device that now sells for $200 because the unit is so bad RIM has a warehouse with 800,000 units it can't sell. BP is a loser and everyone knows it. RIM tried to catch the tablet wave but missed badly
    Like everyone else that has entered the tablet wave so what is your point?
    11-21-11 04:40 AM
    Depends on what they're looking for, ones already with a BB phone and a BB plan would benefit with the PB due to bridge (such as sit on the bus to work and surf with it). I've been doing some video chats with other PB users, works quite nice much like Apple's Facetime and I'll be using it on Christmas day to talk to my family.

Otherwise, Android tablets are accelerating past the other guys, I still want an Asus Transformer but there's a quad-core version on the horizon so I'll wait for that.
    11-21-11 06:11 AM
    The polls are still open! need another 100 or so votes to match the previous one Thanks!
    11-22-11 12:22 AM
    well, your argument was that i attack everybody on this forum.

i would invite anyone to go over your posts (for people who are new, simply press the username and it will take you to a page where you can find all posts by that user).

personal attacks on anyone who would dare saying anything negative about your fetish is what you've been doing all the time.

if mods give me a warning on this one, that will definitely show how impartial they are give some people a warning, while ignoring others. please, note that Yamcha was simply stating his argument about why he wouldn't recommend the playbook, and blackjack, of course, had to attack not one but two users for that.

"keeping you honest" cheers.
    He says, as he makes a personal attack...I wasn't even talking to you in what you quoted MYOB. My response was within the bounds of what is acceptable, and F2 and I take jabs at each other good naturedly. In defense of the mods, by the way, I know you are a newbie but, I have received two infractions and been banned twice, feel better?? Don't feel singled out.

The mods respond to legitimate complaints and reports that they agree cross the line and are extremely objective and fair - don't blame them if you are intentionally ticking people off.

I have learned where the boundaries are the hard way. You will also, but it looks like it's going to be a hard lesson..

And yeah I would invite people to go over my posts as well, as if nobody has seen enough of them - I add a lot more help and positive constructiveness than certainly you do.

There are about ten people in here and I could name them by name that seem to have it out for me and harrass me at every turn, then pat each other on the back with likes. It's like a club, it seems to be their objective in life, but I find it flattering, and hilarious actually, like a small insignificant peanut gallery.

My only objective is to learn about and share my enthusiasm - you ten people (you know who you are) apparently can't handle that. Or enthusiasm in a forum dedicated to enthusiasts, and have every intention of shooting down enthusiasm in every post. Your objective is destructive, sour and negative instead. Strange..and annoying.

Honestly I'm tired of defending the feeble attempts at bringing me down. I'm tired of defending pLaybooks in a playbook forum. But i'm just the kind of guy that doesn't take things lying down or bending over, and defend my honor as well as those who deserve defense, even if it is a device. Which is why I've been banned as well.

Now, could you get over your obsession with me and stop calling me out? Thanks. I'm running low on time to respond to this ....

Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-22-11 at 12:56 AM.
    11-22-11 12:25 AM
    He says as he makes a personal attack...I wasn't even talking to you in what you quoted MYOB.

By the way I know you are a newbie but in defense of the mods, I have received two infractions and been banned twice feel better??

well, i wasn't talking to you when you accused of attacking a user either.

and why would i feel better if a user gets banned? i was just keeping you honest as you have been keeping me honest for quite some time as it seems
    11-22-11 12:30 AM
    well, i wasn't talking to you when you accused of attacking a user either.

and why would i feel better if a user gets banned? i was just keeping you honest as you have been keeping me honest for quite some time as it seems

OMG I wasn't even done editing my response - you're like a hovering fly..well it is entertaining. Gotta go seriously. I need to know what your hours are so I can be gone before you wake up lol
    11-22-11 12:57 AM
    There are about ten people in here and I could name them by name that seem to have it out for me and harrass me at every turn, then pat each other on the back with likes. It's like a club, it seems to be their objective in life, but I find it flattering, and hilarious actually, like a small insignificant peanut gallery.

[and]

Now, could you get over your obsession with me and stop calling me out? Thanks. I'm running low on time to respond to this ....

lol, you do need to see a doctor
    11-22-11 01:02 AM
    Note to self... A $60 netbook or any Android phone...
    11-22-11 12:05 PM
    Bumping for more votes before I head to rehab ( and before adamman wakes up) ...thanks again adamman!
    You saved me!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-22-11 at 08:26 PM.
    11-22-11 08:24 PM
    Bumping for more votes before I head to rehab ...thanks again adamman!
    You saved me!
    Milk and sandwich on the table! Sorry, had to do that... hate rehab food
    11-22-11 08:26 PM
    Milk and sandwich on the table!
    lol thanks I better get there before Santa does!
    jafobabe likes this.
    11-22-11 08:28 PM
    It has been a pretty steady 2/3 1/3
    11-22-11 09:06 PM
    It has been a pretty steady 2/3 1/3
    That's probably where it will end up - just wanted to match the 316 votes on the first poll...
    11-22-11 09:26 PM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD