View Poll Results: Would you purchase a Playbook without being a BB phone user?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 45.26%
  • No

104 54.74%
    I have an iPhone but can't imagine having an iPad after using the Playbook. I use my desktop for long emails and the phone for short ones as well as the calendar and don't really miss the email on the tablet. Perhaps that will change when they release it. Right now, the many advantages far outweigh the few things that are missing.
    08-09-11 02:04 PM
    I'm in the 'Maybe' category...

I suppose I would have shopped around and weighed the options more if I used some other phone, however I didn't seriously look at any other tablet since life without BlackBerry is unthinkable.
    08-09-11 03:13 PM
    PB's Bridge and Tether is A++++
    Otherwise I would have gotten the fruit tablet.
    08-09-11 03:14 PM
    for me i use my pb as an extention of my storm2. if i didnt have one id be useing a xoom or a transformer. i love how small the pb is but the apps on it, the lies from RIM, and way it works with the world around me itsnt all its cracked up to be.
    08-09-11 04:08 PM
    I'm in the PlayBook only camp...since April 19th...and loving it. (Web mail works just fine for me.) Main reason for purchase...P-O-R-T-A-B-I-l-T-Y.
    08-09-11 08:31 PM
    im a Windows 7 phone user and i have a PB
    08-09-11 08:47 PM
    It's kinda tricky because I didn't think I'd use the Bridge features this much. But after I tried it I'm convinced it could only become better thus I wouldn't want a PB without Bridge because I know exactly what I'm going to be missing...
    08-09-11 09:22 PM
    I'll admit it. If I wasn't a BB user and abuser, I'd have gone for another tablet, and probably the iPad since I'm also a Mac user.
    08-09-11 09:39 PM
    I wouldn't have bought a Playbook if BB was not my phone of choice. The biggest reason I wanted it bc it was the only tablet that let me web browse and access emails for free with no extra monthly bills and no messing with with my phone through "jailbreaking" or risky "rooting".

The Bridge app was the biggest sell for me and it did take a few weeks after launch to get the Bridge browser functional.

I never considered buying another tablet simply bc I do not want additional monthly bills or tamper with my phone to make it fully portable...
    08-10-11 08:33 AM
    bought the playbook for portability and mostly to bridge with my torch 9800. works great also. i love using the bridge browser on the go. currently runnin some andriod as well. the player is a little buggy, but it works. not all games and apps will play nice with the playbook for andriod. just delete kt if it dosent work.
    08-10-11 11:38 AM
    I don't have a Playbook but am thinking about it. I am still not convinced that a pad, and the Playbook would be my preference as a dedicated Blackberry guy, is the way to go, or should I just go to a smaller and lighter notebook, or which there are no many. Can you tell me why I might want to go to the Playbook?
    08-10-11 11:52 AM
    Had I not had a bb phone, I probably wouldn't have bought a tablet period.

I didn't really see what advantage an ipad had over a 10" netbook myself, and I could pick the netbook up for half the price of an ipad.

The playbook was a business purchase for my photography business. The fact that I can connect anywhere any time to my website to show clients their gallery and have them order right on the spot was the reason for the playbook. My website has some flash involved too, so another strike against the I stuff.
    08-10-11 12:27 PM
    I purchased my Playbook without having a Blackberry phone. I found the device to be useful in almost every situation completely replacing my laptop. After getting a phone 4 months after purchasing the Playbook that made me all the more happy that I bought it.
    08-10-11 12:36 PM
    Re:Would you purchase a Playbook without being a BB phone user?

My Answer: I've learned my lesson... with the present status of playbook, you shouldn't purchase one if you don't have BB phone... for websurfing, playing music and videos as well as connecting to LCD or LED screen through HDMI connection, playbook is quite expensive...
    08-10-11 02:32 PM
    Is it worth it with no bridge? Please be honest, for all you current bridge users. Would you enjoy the Playbook without access to these additional non-native features? No BBM, no e-mail, calendar, contacts, ect...
    I would also ask the following: "Is Bridging an important reason you DID buy a Playbook?" For me the decision was to have a tablet that is not adding monthly data charges and can be moved from network to network if I change carriers. So you could spin the whole question and ask if you would ever purchase a tablet that did not have bridging.
    Last edited by Fonz0; 08-10-11 at 02:59 PM.
    08-10-11 02:56 PM
    Personally, no tablet can come close how much power I need from a computer. Well at least until a tablet can run CS5, Final Cut Studio, etc.., which will probably 10 years away.
    08-10-11 03:58 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD