I really love to see a upgrade with new icons and upgraded apps ;
    Keyboard
    BBM
    Browser
    Video player
    Music player
    Android runtime 4.x

I'm sure they have all these app working and only asking blackberry to make them availible as an upgrade which we can pay for. I know it will be a milk cow and we know somegimes you must pay for os devolping. I think an upgrading pack for 10-15 dollar will be welcome to boost up the playbook.

I don't ask for OS 10 but only for upgradng some apps. Whaty you people think maybe it's voting time.
    Kowal and KDB84 like this.
    07-13-14 06:28 AM
    You would get mine without a doubt..!

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3247
    07-13-14 08:45 AM
    I agree but then that would not be an upgrade. That would be blackberry agreeing to bespoke the OS for you? I am sure they would agree to this "IF" your payment was large enough. Give it a try?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 01:16 PM
    07-13-14 01:21 PM
    Doubt that they are going to put ANY resources towards the playbook. It's done and over, I'm afraid. Based on what Heinz said, they do have a version of BB10 which they were testing, so doubt that it would cost a lot to just release that and make it an optional upgrade which you have to d/l from the web instead of pushed through the tablet.
    KDB84 likes this.
    07-14-14 07:15 AM
    I'd totally pay for an upgrade considering how much I still use my PB
    07-14-14 10:42 AM
    I would pay and buy more playbooks

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-14-14 10:45 AM
    Some questions about this plan of yours... would the upgrade go with my ID? I have multiple PlayBooks. Would I be able to "upgrade" all of them with my one ID with a one time fee, then pass it out to the family and have them put their ID on it? I would upgrade, feeling a little cheated, but I would pay for the upgrade. The only question is, will the upgrade stick if there is a security wipe. Now, if they were to have an optional free use-at-your-own risk update, I'd be down for that, too.
    07-14-14 11:40 AM
    Interesting concept.
    07-14-14 12:13 PM
    No. The hardware is old and I've moved on. Not ever will I pay to update my pb.
    07-14-14 01:20 PM
    A year ago, I'm sure you'll find 1 million people willing to pay $10-20 for an upgrade. Now you'll be lucky to find 1000 people. Blackberry really blew it on the Playbook. They had lost a lot of customers. After my z10 contract is up. It'll be bye bye BB. It is kind of sad, since I really like my Playbook, z10 and BB10. It is the company that kind of sucks.
    07-14-14 04:42 PM
    I'd go for it for sure
    07-15-14 04:45 AM
    I know for sure they easily can port apps to the playbook . I still using my playbook and also my kids use there but I feel lately that I really needed a update and apps. I also had a client wanted BB10 connected with a blackberry tablet but he wanted also 10.x on it, that was a no go. He just bought samsung and that was an order that was around 200 phones and tablets.

How easily it is to get OS10.3 icons and upgrade some apps under playbook os 2.3.x

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:25 AM
    I would pay for it too!! Just having BBM on the Playbook would be huge, even more so since it is on all other devices.
    07-15-14 07:30 PM
    I loved my PlayBook but it's day is done. The hardware is just too old.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-15-14 07:33 PM
    Wow. Just think of the whining and moaning that would unleash!!! You would have such an outpouring of "they did this on purpose to screw me over" and "I paid $$$ for this product and service me forever because I deserve everything" and "incompetent liars blah blah blah blah".

Yes I would pay for the upgrade but outcry of the peanut gallery would be deafening I believe. Of course I have been wrong once or twice in the past
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-15-14 10:12 PM
    I used the playbook with my Z30 on the holiday and must say the browser and videoplayer is a pain in the ***, luckly I have a extra videoplayer with better support and I love to read comics on my Playbook. I still somehow happy with my playbook with some flaws that I don't have to buy a new android tablet, but BlackBerry should upgrade some apps.

o AND MAYBE the specs are old but upgrading some apps like the videoplayer to support more doesn't seems the problem,also not the browser or a new android runtime here. I don;t ask her for OS 10.x.x.x but just for some decent upgrade's/
    07-26-14 05:25 PM
    Depends on the app. Some I regret buying so paying for an upgrade would probably not happen.

BB Proud
    07-26-14 06:14 PM
    I would...though my biggest concern would be increase the browser speed and reliability.
    07-26-14 07:54 PM
    Wow. Just think of the whining and moaning that would unleash!!! You would have such an outpouring of "they did this on purpose to screw me over" and "I paid $$$ for this product and service me forever because I deserve everything" and "incompetent liars blah blah blah blah".

Yes I would pay for the upgrade but outcry of the peanut gallery would be deafening I believe. Of course I have been wrong once or twice in the past
    I know yous have?
    07-27-14 07:26 AM
    I know yous have?

More than once or twice actually
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-27-14 11:44 PM
    Probably not, have moved on to an android tablet that kills my playbook in every possible way. However, as an alarm clock and video player for the kids in the car, it's doing just fine, no upgrade needed. I'm hoping it continues to provide me these two functions for years to come.
    07-29-14 01:18 PM
    If you are fan of watching "The Walking Dead", you will realize that there is no way to upgrade zombies to become human again. I guess, the same reasoning applies to our beloved PlayBook...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 10:37 PM
    Yes, definitely. Maybe as much as $50 for a larger update and half for a decent range of updates for the default apps.
    File Manager that can browse the entire file system and not limited forcing you to use Ghost Commander lor such.

Browser updated to have faster load times, a bookmark system like Origami and ability to set default apps and maybe to report back as another browser.

Podcasts that connects to a server as.it currently not longer does.

Music Player needs to update formats such as. M3u inclusion.

Video needs to add formats. Or, to add a format converter to the bridge.

DocstoGo should be updated to the current version.

Email, Calendar and Contacts updated to have better integration with the equivalent Google apps.

Android Apps, in My World, My Apps or somewhere show if an app is native to BP OS or is an Android sideload.
    07-30-14 02:02 PM
    Music Player needs to update formats such as. M3u inclusion.
    M3u files are not audio files, they are playlist files, and the PB's music player supports them as such.
    07-30-14 02:09 PM
26 12