allways interested in providing a new home to a PB....
    07-02-13 08:33 AM
    you're not having mine love it, update or no update!
    07-02-13 01:42 PM
    Well it appears that a whole lot of people are full of ****e. Not a single PlayBook adopted?

Posted via CB10
    chaosdivine likes this.
    07-02-13 03:05 PM
    Well the title of the thread asks who would provide a home to an unloved PlayBook, not who will give or donate one that is unloved. Perhaps that is why no donors are showing up.

I like mine and am willing to offer a good home to an unloved PlayBook. There seem to be lots of unloved used ones on Kijiji (Waterloo region) but being offered for the current price of a new one and some even at even higher prices.
    07-02-13 03:28 PM
    That's not in the spirit of this thread, which was started in response to this poll.

Specifically, as of this morning, there are 21 people who claim they are planning to smash perfectly good PlayBooks in a rage, and another 73 who plan to shove a "useless" PlayBook in a drawer since they can't "sell them".

So that's 94 PlayBooks that - according to this poll - will get no more use, and 21 "useless" PlayBooks that will be destroyed.

The purpose of this thread was to find them a new, loving home - since, according to the poll, these owners apparently hate their PlayBooks so much, that they are planning on destroying them or throwing them in a drawer to gather dust anyway.

But as I've said above, so far, not one of these people (who now hate their PlayBooks and plan to destroy or mothball them) has actually stepped up and offered their PlayBooks (that they hate and don't plan to use again) to someone who will take it off their hands and use ...
    I think you called their bluff. Funny, I have a step brother and cousin who both told me they don't use their PlayBooks anymore (a few months ago). I emailed both in response to a thread from quackquack and have yet to hear back from either of them. I'm almost certain they've read my emails by now.

I guess it's human nature. It's a piece of crap till someone else suddenly wants it.
    Enyigma and RubberChicken76 like this.
    07-02-13 03:44 PM
    I'll take any pb, wifi or lte ill treat them with respect

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    07-02-13 03:47 PM
    That's not in the spirit of this thread, which was started in response to this poll.

Specifically, as of this morning, there are 21 people who claim they are planning to smash perfectly good PlayBooks in a rage, and another 73 who plan to shove a "useless" PlayBook in a drawer since they can't "sell them".

So that's 94 PlayBooks that - according to this poll - will get no more use, and 21 "useless" PlayBooks that will be destroyed.

The purpose of this thread was to find them a new, loving home - since, according to the poll, these owners apparently hate their PlayBooks so much, that they are planning on destroying them or throwing them in a drawer to gather dust anyway.

But as I've said above, so far, not one of these people (who now hate their PlayBooks and plan to destroy or mothball them) has actually stepped up and offered their PlayBooks (that they hate and don't plan to use again) to someone who will take it off their hands and use ...
    It's their property so they can do what they want with it. No one here has a say on what others should do with their PlayBook. Personally I rather sell it, smash it, or use it as a door stop before I give mine away to some stranger online.
    07-02-13 03:48 PM
    It's their property so they can do what they want with it. No one here has a say on what others should do with their PlayBook. Personally I rather sell it, smash it, or use it as a door stop before I give mine away to some stranger online.
    I don't think anyone is saying that. They're making an appeal to all those people who said they were done with their PlayBook and trying to find a good home for them. It's completely voluntary, obviously.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    07-02-13 05:17 PM
    Interesting idea.

If there are in fact so many Playbooks in drawers, I will pay to have them shipped to me (depending obviously on how much it would be) to use in my classroom in September.

I am an elementary teacher (grades 6 -8) and I'm sure I could put any spare PlayBook to good use.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 08:39 PM
    This is the problem with society, you would rather destroy something rather than being charitable towards someone. Anonymous charity is good for the soul, if you happen to have one

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 09:00 PM
    I don't think anyone is saying that. They're making an appeal to all those people who said they were done with their PlayBook and trying to find a good home for them. It's completely voluntary, obviously.

Posted via CB10
    It was some insight as to why no one has offered to give away their PlayBook yet.

This is the problem with society, you would rather destroy something rather than being charitable towards someone. Anonymous charity is good for the soul, if you happen to have one

Posted via CB10
    Anonymous charity is a wonderful thing. Especially when you do it randomly. Before talking about charity it is best to know it's definition. The common definition involves being generous or helpful to those in need. Giving away a luxury good like a PlayBook to someone looking for a extra toy to play with doesn't count. So when I do "charity" work, I try to do something that will improve the quality of lives of those that are in real need. As for the problems with society, I see entitlement as the bigger issue.
    07-03-13 01:08 AM
    Quick, PM Chaosdivine and see if you can donate your 'worthless' Playbook to Quackquack's cause. There's even money in it for you.
    07-03-13 01:40 AM
    Of course ... but I suspect a lot of people in that thread are spouting hot air.
    07-03-13 08:51 AM
    Of course ... but I suspect a lot of people in that thread are spouting hot air.
    I've got moderately warm to cool air in me,.can't speak for others
    07-03-13 08:58 AM
    I'm in. I'll take any lonely PlayBooks that are looking for a good home. Just sent me a PM.
    07-03-13 05:02 PM
    I've got moderately warm to cool air in me,.can't speak for others
    I will also take a pb, I will pay the shipping
    07-03-13 06:28 PM
66 123