With the coming of the private phone, how would you react to a 100 percent android playbook with a BB skin?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-04-15 05:52 PM
    I wouldn't react, and I wouldn't buy it. I prefer my surface pro - but I have no interest in an Android tablet. I'd go back to the old Playbook first

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Kowal and rthonpm like this.
    10-04-15 06:24 PM
    Nope - not buying anything blackberry again - been burned too many times.
    warren_walker likes this.
    10-05-15 07:17 AM
    if its $200 or less maybe.
    10-05-15 07:36 AM
    I despise Android and anything to do with it. I'd rather use an Ubuntu tablet or one running FreeBSD instead.
    10-05-15 08:16 PM
    Has hell freeze over?
    10-06-15 04:59 PM
    I despise Android and anything to do with it. I'd rather use an Ubuntu tablet or one running FreeBSD instead.
    so you despise bb10 and blackberry eh?
    10-13-15 01:22 PM
    Android's fine. I'd consider one. Definitely would have to be less than $200, as another poster said above.

To each their own, but I feel that people slightly overreact about its lack of security (who doesn't lack this? Arguably BB in some cases too?), UI fragmentation (make it what works for you!), and multitasking (it DOES multitask).

I love BB10 (and loved the PB OS as far as it went), but I think you can make Android pretty great, too. All the mobile OSes I've tried have something to offer, I find.

PlayBack would be a great name, actually. I kinda considered my retired PB a playback-only device.
    tovento likes this.
    10-13-15 03:05 PM
    I wouldn't react, and I wouldn't buy it. I prefer my surface pro - but I have no interest in an Android tablet. I'd go back to the old Playbook first

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Ditto! SP3/4 is better than any Android / iPad. A real full Windows OS, that fits in my Padfolio. Love it.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    10-13-15 03:09 PM
    No. Why would I want that? If I wanted android I'd get an android tablet. I love my PB and have tried several android tablets and I just don't care for them. When My PBs finally give up the ghost I'll probably go to a Windows tablet. It will integrate with my work needs better.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 10-17-15 at 10:08 PM.
    10-13-15 04:43 PM
    I would love a new tablet completely bb10 though

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 06:55 AM
    Why would it need to be android?
    10-16-15 08:54 PM
    Why would it need to be android?
    Because that's the way Blackberry appears to be going (check out PRIV phone). As for the question, definitely won't be buying anything Blackberry again. I've used a Blackberry for work (9800 and then Z10) and while both did their job, my new Samsung S6 just is a better user experience overall. Like mh1983 stated, each OS has something to offer. But the point here is that if I wanted an Android device, I would generally buy Nexus branded products (the Samsung is a work phone). Personally, I'd take a Surface 3 (non-pro) over any Android device BBRY would potentially throw out there. Blackberry should drop the hardware line if the PRIV doesn't work, and focus what resources they have remaining on software/encryption/their roots.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-20-15 10:36 AM
    Why would we with all the other options out there?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 11:16 AM
    If it has Hub, I'll consider. But I'll pay extra for a tablet with similar specs running BB10.
    10-23-15 07:02 PM
    I'd buy it if it was reasonably priced and larger than 8 inches. Otherwise I'd just keep using my ipad mini.

Bonus points if it's a Priv tablet with sliding keyboard! That would totally rock the house!

Oh and it absolutely canNOT be named "Playbook." That name is the kiss of death.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-31-15 06:45 AM
    Everything android that I have touched or seen has been almost childish. I am not saying that there isn't power buried under the surface somewhere but the in your face juvenile surface and the Facebook style information collection... I've got no patients for any of that. Don't need a tablet if it must be cleaned up and then set up in order to use it. I'll wait for the first really integrated OS that isn't Apple. If it doesn't have any security features then I stay with the Z30 and Windows 7 or do the Linux thing.

A direct answer to the tablet question is no, I have a PB. Won't trust BlackBerry for a tablet again May not be BB10 much longer either. We will see...
    11-01-15 10:45 AM
    Nope.
    Read about and bought a MicroCenter WinBook 802. For just over $100 US.
    It has Win 8.1 and they say it will run Win10. I just haven't tried to update yet.

I still use my PB'S for music, clocks, etc. But IMO the WinBook does everything I need better than what I have seen with Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 11:34 AM
    No. I had an android tablet, but bought a windows tablet this Spring.

The reasons for my choice: 1) regular updates; 2) regular updates; and 3) a fully-featured operating system that was designed for computers, not phones.
    11-01-15 11:48 AM
    Read about and bought a MicroCenter WinBook 802. For just over $100 US.
    It has Win 8.1 and they say it will run Win10. I just haven't tried to update yet.
    I have the TW 802 that I bought on sale for $100. I have "upgraded" it to Windows 10 without any real problems. Just maybe two bits of advice- (1) backup your DriverStore folder before upgrading, and (2) do the upgrade from within Win 8.1 (rather than a clean install), clearing as much space as possible on your hard drive before doing the install.

FWIW, the 802 has an Intel Baytrail quad core processor, two gigs of ram, 32 gigs of flash storage with a micro sd card slot, dual cameras, an 8 inch screen with the same screen res as the playbook, hdmi out, and TWO usb ports- one micro and one standard. To keep this post somewhat relevant to this thread, how does Blackberry compete with something like this and still make money?
    11-01-15 01:46 PM
    I have the TW 802 that I bought on sale for $100. I have "upgraded" it to Windows 10 without any real problems. Just maybe two bits of advice- (1) backup your DriverStore folder before upgrading, and (2) do the upgrade from within Win 8.1 (rather than a clean install), clearing as much space as possible on your hard drive before doing the install.

FWIW, the 802 has an Intel Baytrail quad core processor, two gigs of ram, 32 gigs of flash storage with a micro sd card slot, dual cameras, an 8 inch screen with the same screen res as the playbook, hdmi out, and TWO usb ports- one micro and one standard. To keep this post somewhat relevant to this thread, how does Blackberry compete with something like this and still make money?
    Thank you for the tips Pacoman03. I'll give it a shot.
    Also didn't mean to de-rail the topic. Back to the OP.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 03:28 PM