I appreciate your honesty, but that's not your job. That is exactly the kind of behavior that earned Apple the "cult" status in the nineties. I was one of the people so turned off by the community that I didn't want anything to do with the product.

Stop evangelizing. It is RIM's job to get people interested in the product they sell. When individuals do it, it feels desperate and intrusive. I do not spend time trying to convert people to the Apple religion. I don't give a fig what electronic devices people use. I don't judge them by it. Some of the smartest, most successful people I know use BBs. Not one of them is smart or successful because of it. The other smartest and most successful people I know use iPhones and even feature phones.

The last thing I want to be is free tech support for everyone I know, though it is nice to have a large community of people to play, Draw Something with. No one needs you to become a Jehovah's Witnesses-style evangelist and tell them about what devices you use and why those devices are better than what they use. Take my advice, leave that kind of stuff for fan site, discussion boards like this. In the real world, it just creates friction and makes you seem kind of creepy.
    I just follow this simple rule. 'When asked tell. When not, silently enjoy every minute of this wonderful device you hold in your hand'. Mostly experience the latter, and I'm happy with that.
    05-12-12 01:07 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD