"Posted from the Beast PP"
    01-25-15 10:10 AM
    You dont need *.bar files for Netflix or other Android Apps. Just download them from Amazon App Store or install Google Play Store. Here is the Link
    01-25-15 10:33 AM
    can't believe some people still bother with .bar files
    01-25-15 11:02 AM
    can't believe some people still bother with .bar files
    OP is posting in the PlayBook forum. You can't install APKs directly onto the PlayBook.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.1.1133 / Telus
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    01-25-15 11:36 AM
    It would be best for people to "read" before responding.

01-25-15 03:24 PM
    Also would be good to search. Netflix has never worked on the Playbook, nor will it ever work. Nothing more to discuss and there have been numerous discussions on the subject.
    As for the BOA app, I don't have any experience with that, so I'll let someone else chime in.
    01-26-15 09:19 AM
    Easier to sideload the Showbox .apk file.
    Netflix= no-go......
    01-26-15 10:57 AM
    I did search and some have said it did work while others that it didn't. Not sure why people who post on a thread can't simply answer the questions asked as opposed to adding unnecessary comments. My goodness is it really that difficult guys....lol

01-26-15 01:16 PM
    I did search and some have said it did work while others that it didn't.
    It doesn't work on the Playbook, period.
    01-26-15 09:00 PM
    Netflix works on BB10 devices (newer Blackberry phones/devices), but not on the Playbook. Maybe that is where the confusion lies. If you saw threads on Netflix working, I would suggest re-reading them. There is a work around, but not one I would consider. You have to get a program called PlayOn on the Playbook (and as far as I can tell, pay an annual fee). Here's where things get dumb...you have to run netflix on a laptop/PC and then use PlayOn to stream it to your Playbook. Other option is again to have your laptop/pc running and use the playbook to remote into your computer and then run Netflix that way.

Either way, you need a combination of PC/Laptop and your playbook...meaning this will mainly only work while at home and not really a "solution" in my books, but that's my opinion. As for a native Netflix app, it is a no-go on the Playbook...end of story. Not sure on your location, but people are reporting that the web interface for Amazon Prime works on the playbook, so if you aren't set on using Netflix, then you could potentially look into an Amazon Prime subscription. For a video app on the Playbook, you can also sideload Showbox or Cartoon HD (I think that's what it's called). There are separate threads on these. They don't require a subscription, and are not exactly legal, but that's for you to decide to use.
    01-28-15 06:15 AM
    It doesn't work on the PB at all. I've read countless threads that say so, but I tried converting old APKs (as far back as v. 1.2) and browser agents in Origami all the same. Nothing works. So anyone who says otherwise is spreading misinformation.

Splashtop is the only workaround I've actually found acceptable so far, and it doesn't hurt tha it's a full fledged remote desktop app. The only catch is you need a solid PC (at least dual core); otherwise, streaming and general performance will be subpar.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-28-15 06:36 AM