I'm just wondering if it's worth it at this point. I'm looking to purchase a 64 GB PlayBook mainly for productivity. Don't use many apps so that will not be an issue for me. I am currently using a Z10 as a mobile device. I really want to heat from those who truly use their PlayBook for business purposes. I'm not a big fan of Apple or Android products. I wouldn't even consider. I know there are no plans to bring BB10 to the PlayBook but I don't see that as hindering my experience with the device. Looking for honest and practical feedback. Thanks!

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-12-14 11:09 AM
    I'm just wondering if it's worth it at this point. I'm looking to purchase a 64 GB PlayBook mainly for productivity. Don't use many apps so that will not be an issue for me. I am currently using a Z10 as a mobile device. I really want to heat from those who truly use their PlayBook for business purposes. I'm not a big fan of Apple or Android products. I wouldn't even consider. I know there are no plans to bring BB10 to the PlayBook but I don't see that as hindering my experience with the device. Looking for honest and practical feedback. Thanks!

The PlayBook works fine for everyday tasks, and the browser is great.

Even though you're probably not going to use them, there are apps enough, and you can also remote control it from your Z10.

The tablet served well until I got a laptop.
    01-12-14 11:21 AM
    I paid $40 for a second hand PlayBook for my kids so I could finally have mind back.

Best $40 tablet on the market.

Check out my AZ MTB Channel C0006F5EB
    madman0141 likes this.
    01-12-14 03:05 PM
    No! I have 3

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    01-12-14 03:07 PM
    I won't do it, and I was a die-hard Playbook fan.

It is 2014! In our fast-paced tech-world, the Playbook isn't doing it anymore.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the device. But it only plays music for me. Thats all. Maybe some surfing or eMail. If you into that, it's a steal.

But don't expect big things. The Playbook unfortunately is dead. The app gap is pathetic and sad.

But I have no substitute. I am also not a fan of Android or iOS. I skip these products. But thats why I have a Z30. Perfectly for me. Big screen.

But it depends what you are seeking for. If you wanna do slight stuff, the Playbook is okay for you. Otherwise it's 2014. Game over for the once best tablet!
    Cynycl, kbz1960 and madman0141 like this.
    01-12-14 03:09 PM

Don't get me wrong. I loved the device. But it only plays music for me. Thats all. Maybe some surfing or eMail. If you into that, it's a steal.

But don't expect big things. The Playbook unfortunately is dead. The app gap is pathetic and sad.

But I have no substitute. I am also not a fan of Android or iOS. I skip these products. But thats why I have a Z30. Perfectly for me. Big screen.

But it depends what you are seeking for. If you wanna do slight stuff, the Playbook is okay for you. Otherwise it's 2014. Game over for the once best tablet!
    Like Fistmaster says it depends on what you want to do and what you consider slight stuff. Heavy stuff for most of us is working with Windows program and requires a larger screen and better keyboard as well as Windows apps at least as good as Home and Student. You can hook up to the larger screen and get a fair keyboard with the PB. Can't run third party window apps unless you do it in the cloud. The small Windows tablets with high capability are arriving.
    01-12-14 03:36 PM
    I just need something highly portable. I mean I have a laptop, but when it comes to certain things, whipping it out CA. Be cumbersome. I'm looking to use it as a backup device for music and recordings, but mainly for internet/email. I like the HDMI capability as well. I believe I would use it a lot, esp for presentations and such. Yes, there are more technologically advanced tablets out there. I want true multitasking abilities at an affordable cost. Stability of the system and device is also important for me.

01-12-14 04:13 PM
    sounds like it'd be fine for what you wanna use it for...
    01-12-14 04:14 PM

If you pay as much for the playbook as a new droid tab costs with the same/similar features you would be making a mistake. If you can get it for a song it is still the best tab with the worst support you can find. I still have three and use them for media playback. Other than that the Wally world tab takes over for functional use.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-12-14 04:25 PM
    I just need something highly portable. I mean I have a laptop, but when it comes to certain things, whipping it out CA. Be cumbersome. I'm looking to use it as a backup device for music and recordings, but mainly for internet/email. I like the HDMI capability as well. I believe I would use it a lot, esp for presentations and such. Yes, there are more technologically advanced tablets out there. I want true multitasking abilities at an affordable cost. Stability of the system and device is also important for me.

I know android is supposed to multitask but I don't see it, e.g. between tabs in a browser. PB does it, however. If you don't need a lot of app support, I'd go for it.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-12-14 04:33 PM
    Works great for email, surfing, videos, news reader, music. Links with your z10. Has a few apps for entertainment but I agree with others that app gap is huge. Multitasking is still better than iOS and what I have seen on my wife's note 3. I will say you must get it at a good price but I would expect that to be the case here. Size is perfect.
    01-12-14 04:47 PM
    I have 3 playbooks and still use them daily. Good to browse web, view videos, handle email, etc. Some nice free games and apps if needed but don't expect much new stuff to come. However there is a good selection of apps even as is.

How much will a 64gb Playbook cost you? If it is around $100-150 then go for it. You can always dump a pile of videos on there and hook it up with HDMI to your TV or when you go on a trip.

Look at your Android competition like Google nexus or Amazon kindle fire starting at $200 and with huge support and future potential and you have a hard choice to make. An iPad mini for a bit more and you have a device you can resell!

So unless the Playbook is cheap, I would think about it. Also keep in mind whatever you buy now is probably an old shelved unit with old manufacturing date and unknown battery status (remember the low battery charging issue). I have my Playbooks on a charging dock and keyboard accessory and I am good for tablets for a few years at least. But these things don't last forever.

I do love my Playbooks though and stand by my choice a few years ago... Today a harder choice but for the right price they will do you well.
    Carl Estes and Techno-Emigre like this.
    01-12-14 04:52 PM
    Actually consider if $50-100. The $150 is too much but it is mainly due to the size of memory.
    01-12-14 04:55 PM
    I bought a PB 64 GB for college and it has completed all the tasks that come with college: E-mail, Documents, Research, PowerPoint, and presentations. Plus, it works great with my Q10, especially with the remote abilities and the keyboard.

I'd recommend it, if you need a solid tablet for business... The PlayBook is great... and though it might lack major app support, there are some good one to use and it's great music.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:57 PM
    I just picked a used one a couple weeks ago. I love mine so far but I don't need apps. Origami browser is a must have which is free and the included docs to go works well for working with office files on the go. I have a surface pro that I use as my main computer but the playbook is great on the go and easier to work with for quick document writing. I am an independent insurance appraiser and use the playbook to fill in my estimate information files at the time of inspection and then upload them to box. Bridge works well with both my 9900 and my z10. Like others said it depends on what your needs are. I tried using my wife's Ipad for my use prior to buying the playbook and hated the Ipad. PlayBook fits my needs.
    01-12-14 05:14 PM
    I thought I would retire my pb after receiving an android tab for Christmas but after seeing how little of the app gap I was missing I now know my PB is superior in many ways. OK im middle age with 2 young kids so playing games is not my thing. I love having skype on my galaxy but that is about the only thing I really missed on my pb.
    Web surfing, listening to music and email are far better on my blackberry. Comwave ephone at least allows for some communication and the GPS in the tough pb frame means I can use it easily on my truck dash.
    Pretty sure you will find it is perfect for what you intend.
    01-12-14 06:07 PM
    I've finally retired mine and moved on, but I do miss how it handled my emails. The Android tab is horrible at handling multiple email accounts. If your use for a tablet is primarily email, calendar, documents, presentations and browsing it isn't a bad purchase especially if you have a BB phone to bridge off of, but there is virtually no app support.
    01-12-14 07:12 PM
    Sounds like you want to it, you no what you want. I just purchased my second Playbook for $119 (brand new) on ebay. No matter what anyone says look around and get the best deal for you. Its still a good tablet and it will compliment your Z10 wonderfully. Let us know what you decided and the price. Good luck.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-12-14 07:39 PM
    I have a PlayBook, Z10 (Personal device) and 9900 (work device). I use all three daily. I also use them together. I often bridge my 9900 with my PlayBook to review emails, when I want the extra real estate or want to review attachments.

I also use Evernote often and find the PlayBook does the job well.

Also like using the PlayBook for surfing and watching movies.

The app gap does not bother me. I use my iPad and iPod to play games.... BlackBerry's are used to get stuff done!!!

Posted via CB10
    mlbrowninsc likes this.
    01-12-14 07:55 PM
    Thank you all for the insight. I will look around for a reasonably price PB.

01-12-14 07:56 PM
    I use mine daily for troubleshooting. We have a lot of projectors. The HDMI is great on this thing. It's so portable I take it everywhere with me. I take meeting notes with it (DocsToGo) and share via email to the lazier dept members. It's good for presentations, too. The bridge also helps (awesome with Z10's LTE) when I need a bigger screen with no WiFi. The kids make use of it when I'm done for the day. It really is a good all around tablet. I don't do anything vital with the network/servers, so the available apps are ok with me. If you can find one for a good price, it can be one of the better decisions you make.
    01-12-14 08:22 PM
    I have two PBS and use them daily. HDMI out while Bridging with my Z10 is my favorite feature. I am not aware of any other tabs that can do that. It makes giving presentations a breeze and the size means you can always have it with you.
    01-12-14 11:37 PM
    I think it should suffice for your needs! It's still an excellent tool! Don't let people talk you out of it. A lot of folks are pissed that they paid full price for their playbook. I got mine for $200.00+ and I use it daily.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-12-14 11:59 PM
    Hi
    I would suggest PlayBook is a better choice though it is left behind but it
    still have some good points As it can be used as a nice media player for your music,videos, presentations.
    The gesture feature is unique and awesome I love this.
    Both cameras are nice. Mail service is quite fast.
    Also the mirror mode in PlayBook while usin it with HDMI you can turn your simple HD LED TV's to Smart TV thats a productive feature. Though PlayBook is left far behind in apps section as it lacks many important apps but there are ways to side load some important apps on PlayBook such as whatsapp, gReader, twitter, viber, snapchat.( not found on BB app world) but can be sideloaded Details here https://adf.ly/c3DE7
    01-13-14 07:04 AM
    I have pb, iPad and Nexus 7. I now have a dell venue products 8. If you are into productivity for your tablet, get the venue 8 and run full windows. Just read the glowing reviews online!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-13-14 08:52 AM
60 123