hi. with the 2.0 update? is it worth having? does it have skype? with the android integration, will it be able to install cr**cked apps from android?
    02-20-12 01:54 AM
    If you like android apps and that's your reason for getting a tablet may android tablets is a good fit for you.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-20-12 01:59 AM
    I'm afraid auditman is right, if the only this you're looking for is a tablet that will run cracked android apps, you might look at getting a rooted android tablet. Or even one with a custom rom installed on it.
    Last edited by RoboticGolem; 02-20-12 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Seems 'rom' gets replaced with romantic. Lol
    02-20-12 02:05 AM
    hi. with the 2.0 update? is it worth having? does it have skype? with the android integration, will it be able to install cr**cked apps from android?
    To answer your original question, yes. It is worth getting now.

I get the impression you know more about it than you are letting on however. Are you maybe fishing for debate?
    rotorwrench, Pdinos3 and DAnklaud like this.
    02-20-12 02:15 AM
    No Android app sideloading. Unless you root (how rooting/sideloading will work with the official release is unknown). Some Android apps will be available but they will have to go through a review process and will be offered through App World. But there are certain limitations on Android app functionality (e.g. no camera).

There is no Skype and Android version will not work (see above).

Make a list of the apps you definitely need/want and see if App World has them, and then decide.

Apps aside, the tablet itself (hardware and the OS/UI) are absolutely great. But it's you who can tell whether it's worth it. Do your research.

But hurry. The current sale ends today.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-20-12 at 02:23 AM.
    02-20-12 02:19 AM
    If I did not already have a Playbook, I would probably buy one now. $199 is a great price for the hardware. But, anyone wanting full Android compatibility or wanting to tinker with the Android OS should definitely get an Android tablet, instead. Even after OS2, the Playbook will not be running Android, just a sort of Android interpreter allowing some but far from all Android programs to be converted to run on the Playbook.
    02-20-12 02:38 AM
    It was worth getting when prices were majorly cut, no doubt. I suppose it very much depends what you want to use a tablet for.

With if OS 2.0 (maybe OS 3.0) and the upcoming BB10, the playbook in one form or another may not be at some of the ultra low pricing we have seen (especially for a 64 Gig).
    02-20-12 05:32 AM
    As a few have suggested, PB is not for you, and 'rrhoid will fulfill your every need. This subject has been beaten to death and necromanced more times then my abacus can handle, so it's strongly suggested you use the search function for the straight p00p on 'rrhoids; no pun intended.
    rotorwrench and DAnklaud like this.
    02-20-12 06:41 AM
    ahh I smell something out here
    This better be closed soon.
    02-20-12 08:47 AM
    The reason i asked is because i have a bb 9860. I read here that it can be bridged to the bb pb. Bbm is our main communication. My wife works abroad so this ia very useful. Does pb support videocalling from one to another pb? Limited apps is one of the reasons why im having second thoughts of having this one thats why i asked about android integration but nonetheless i think pb is awesome specially bec of the low pricetag. I think it sells in the uae for $300 for the 64gb version
    02-20-12 10:00 AM
    Not everybody who asks questions is a troll. The person joined this esteemed establishment in Oct 2010. They may just not have done as much research on their own as they could.

There is a propriety video chat that only works between pb's. You mentioned UAE - there are limitations in some of those areas on what apps can be installed and/or work. Video chat could be one of them. Others may have more info.
    Last edited by F2; 02-20-12 at 10:16 AM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-20-12 10:05 AM
    The answer to the "question" is YES, the PlayBook does so much more than apps. I keep asking myself...."how many apps do I need and actually use" ....IMO ...the media has put a lot of negativity in people's mind concerning apps on the PlayBook. Don't get me wrong, the more apps the better, but thats not the only reason to own a PlayBook when it does so much more.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 02-20-12 at 10:17 AM.
    02-20-12 10:14 AM
    Don't listen to people who refer to other brands/OSs or folks who buy the other stuff in derogative terms. They are delusional. Know your needs and see if the tablet meets them. Regardless of the brand.
    02-20-12 10:52 AM
    Since you asked:

With or without OS 2.0...
    With or without Skype...
    With or without android integration...
    With or without ability to install cracked android apps...
    Before or after price cuts...

It had always been worth getting, as far as I'm concerned.
    That's because I did my share of research and saw that it would best suit my needs in a tablet.

However, I tend to agree with the previous replies. Judging from your concerns/conditions, an android tablet may be best for you.
    02-20-12 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD