I just thought I would share this as I have seen some people saying that the Playbook is not yet up to the level to replace a laptop/notebook. While I am not saying it will (Probably never will..) I have a 'feel good about your Playbook' story to share.

The other day I had to drive my gf to an appointment 2 hours out of town. I work online, I provide Technical support and Server Administration for a billing software company, so I am expected to give full time coverage and could not afford to take this time off. No problem though as I am equipped for this. So I packed up my two notebooks, my 3G router, and my trusty Playbook.

Well I never expected this appointment of hers to take 4 hours, but I found myself waiting around pretty much the whole day. I figured I would start off the day just using my Playbook as the waiting area in this office was a little cramped and didn't want to be sitting there with a notebook the whole time. So out comes the Playbook, Bridged and Tethered with my BB Torch, using the Remote control option (I Still hate typing on touch screen, and the mouse feature is nice). Well with the help of Apps like LiteFTP, Bluebox, IM+, PaderSyncSSH and of course SecureBrowser, I found myself actually keeping up with my work (And enjoying it! lol) Surprisingly, I put in a full days of work, using ONLY my Playbook! The notebooks and 3G router never had to be pulled out, and I was able to do everything I needed to do, just on the Playbook. Even after working all day, my Playbook still had half battery power (though I did have to go into my spare battery on the Torch.). Using my notebooks, I would have been dead in the water after about 4 or 5 hours on battery.

I have always been happy with my purchase of the Playbook, but now I am super pleased with it not only being an entertainment device, but a fully functioning productive device! This certainly helps break the chains to my desk at home and gives me alot more freedom. So thank you RIM/Blackberry/Playbook for making my life easier and more mobile!

Just thought I would share this, as if you are like me, you are sick an tired of hearing all the negativity.
    03-02-12 12:26 PM
    Good story OP.... more power to the Playbook
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-02-12 12:28 PM
    Thanks for sharing... More users need to share these kind of experiences to offset a lot of the negativity surrounding the playbook....
    03-02-12 12:33 PM
    positive comments and good experiences are always awesome. thanks for sharing
    03-02-12 12:34 PM
    I got quite a few comments from co-workers when we were at a meeting and everyone had their laptops out and i pulled out my trusty Playbook and phone, fired up Remote Desktop, and did everything they could do.
    Hawkeberry likes this.
    03-02-12 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD