Ok. So lets be honest. 1.0.5.2304 is not the best thing since sliced bread...

APPWORLD SUGGESTS UPDATES FOR APPS THAT ARE UP TO DATE:
    Click on the update notification. Click Delete. Reboot.
    If the notification returns STILL, click it again. Click Delete. Reboot. (repeat as needed. note the app version decrease)
    Open appworld. Search for the app. Click reinstall. Reboot.
    Experience:
    Happened to me with Xtreme Snowboarding. Uninstalled and rebooted. Found the notification returned but for a non-updated app version "installed". Removed it and found the notification went away. Reinstalled the app with no issues.

1.0.5.2304 WANTS TO UPDATE TO 1.0.5.2304
    This ones simply because you removed native apps. What? You didn't feel you needed a shortcut to yahoo mail on your playbook? Update again and try to pretend they don't exist. So far this is the only work around I have found.

DOUBLE APP ICON:
    Tap and hold the icon. Delete both instances of the icon. Reboot. Go to appworld and reinstall.

Note: Some of these reboots above may not be necessary but it worked for me.
    I know I'm asking a lot here but lets try to keep this topic from getting toooooo cluttered. Try to only provide fixes you have found to common issues surrounding 1.0.5.2304 Don't post your issues please! Post issues in this topic: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/1-...ilable-621267/
    If you have a better solution, feel free to share. If you have trouble with any of the solutions, start a new topic. If this gets to be 20 pages of HELP ME posts, it will be hard to find the actual workarounds.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    06-08-11 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD