Hello all
    Got my PB last week, bought it because the prices went down as you know, and I thought "I have a 9780 and that's the best phone I ever had, so I can't go wrong with a PB! Let's do it!"
    Since then, I've been happy with my PB. I bought a docking station (I sold it to a colleague, didn't fit with my case) but I bought another one (and another case), trying to please my PB as much as I could
    Been using my PB mostly in bridge mode, checking my emails, Facebook (can't do that at work of course on my computer), watching some videos, listening to music,...
    But this is just the beginning, and I know that the PB has much much more to offer, and so I'd like to know what you guys are doing with it, how you use it, what apps you use the most, and so on.
    Just to keep the dream flying
    Thanx in advance for your answers
    02-16-12 06:28 PM
    I use my BlackBerry PlayBook in a research capacity for my field of interest as well as academic and professional development courses, in addition to regular use for email, web browsing, and such activities. I keep finding new ways to put this tablet to productive use but I do take some time for leisurely pursuits such as a few games, movies, and music. At the public library I have ready access to the Internet instead of having to wait for a computer to become available.
    02-16-12 06:54 PM
    I use mine mostly for playing games and surfing the web. I have tried to use it in my outside sales job but it usually ends up being more of a hassle than it is worth. Maybe once OS2 comes out, Docs To Go becomes more functional, I can use my 9900 as a keyboard for my PB and/or that sexy new keyboard/case is released by RIM, then it will probably get a lot more use as a business tool. I can see my PB easily taking the place of my PC once the above mentioned items are resolved/released.

I'm giddy as a little school girl about the OS2 release. i wonder what the best way to buy the new keyboard/case will be upon release? Amazon, eBay, crackberry.com (my preference....

I am looking forward to reading more responses about this.
    02-16-12 07:27 PM
    I use mine mostly in class taking notes and surfing the web. I also travel with it instead of my laptop sometimes when I don't have to do photo editing or need a full blown computer. It also makes a very good news reader
    02-16-12 07:31 PM
    movies, email, bbm, all sorts of reasons.........
    02-16-12 07:38 PM
    One word , Productivity, that's my use
    02-16-12 07:43 PM
    Pearson courses work well and i use blackboard on the web browser. Its a very productive device. helped me through a lot.. seriously!
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-16-12 07:48 PM
    i use it for entertainment purposes mostly....web,music,video,apps,games, checking email etc while in the go
    02-16-12 08:04 PM
    Video chat (a lot!), email, ebooks, websurfing, youtube, games...and checking crackberry often of course
    02-16-12 09:10 PM
    Videos of all kind, downloading video podcasts then HDMI out to the flat screen, web browsing a lot, Bridging with my 9930, the list goes on. Basically it has replaced my netbook on most aspects and it's just so much better to use on the couch than a latptop or the like.
    02-16-12 10:09 PM
    I use mine for everyday use. Browsing the internet, watching videos while I eat my lunch. And just yesterday I got my first good practical use out of it. Had to go to my new house and measure windows and doors for curtains and such. I was planning on bringing a notepad, notebook, pens, Nikon, just to take measurements. But then I thought, why not just use the PB and a tape measure........
    I can take the notes and measurements with Microsoft Word, take pictures and videos for references when I am not there. Worked out perfectly and no carrying a few different things all around. And wasnt worried about putting the PB down in anything dirty....rocking the Otterbox on it!
    I am sure this is only one example of a splendid use for the PB!
    02-16-12 10:16 PM
    I use mine at work. I am an auto technician that specializes in driveability, so I take my playbook with me. I use it a lot on test drives when I suspect that I have a data reading out of range and look up the information in real time on my PB over bridge. The ability to take all my service manuals with me cuts my diagnostic time drastically. It's amazing to ba able to look up info and get help with a job that quickly. I don't know how I got along without it.
    02-16-12 10:28 PM
    Carrying manuals is a big thing! I was on a course a couple weeks ago, everyone got issued half a dozen three inch thick text books, went back to my office, found the .pdfs, screw carrying all those books around. The only downsize to Adobe reader is the inability to search......
    02-16-12 10:35 PM
    As "1425956" mentioned I too have used my Playbook for outside sales. It has actually worked for me. I take flyers that my company puts out that are PDF format then I use Adobe Acrobat Pro to merge it into one PDF. This way I have all my marketing material with me instead of carying a binder full of paper. Everything is at my finger tips. I also have my Excel spread sheets on my playbook as well. For the ones that I use most often, because of the great multitasking of the playbook, I simply keep it open all day.

Also as stated before, I also take pictures with my Playbook to be emailed to our merchandisers and buyers for that matter. But I have yet to use video for my work.

I also found that having a good case on my Playbook has helped alot with showing stuff to clients.

And of course I use it for the standard, BB Bridge, surfing, music in the car, movies....etc.

With OS 2.0 I see this device becoming an even bigger part of my life than it already is.
    02-16-12 10:50 PM
    There are some other ideas at this previous thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-money-666325/
    mhw100 likes this.
    02-16-12 10:53 PM
    I am a priest, and I'm out of the office a lot. I use the playbook:
    -as a breviary (liturgical prayers that we pray 7 times daily) and bible study
    -web research and web browsing (bridge and wi-fi)
    -bridge function and multi-tasking is excellent in meetings. Almost no printouts of agendas and attachments which have been sent via e-mail. I open them all and just scroll through them as needed, and close them when done and moving on to the next agenda item.
    -remote desktop into our parish database (looking forward to vpn capability for other robust software, such as Quickbooks).
    -piano app helps me get the right notes for Gregorian chant
    -looking forward to the ability to use Bold 9930 as a remote keyboard--a huge step up.
    farskija likes this.
    02-17-12 12:10 AM
    I use my Playbook to check out Crackberry.com and know everything Blackberry/RIM
    Dlanod likes this.
    02-17-12 12:46 AM
    use it for comics, the excellent voice recorder and the bridge functions. I travel often and this is a brilliant travel companion
    02-17-12 05:48 AM
    I use mine for looking at schematics at work, email, bbm, and web. Here lately I've started playing games on it then i have in the past. The tether/bridge features work great when im in the field, to constantly stay connected with work and others.
    02-17-12 07:47 AM
    I am a priest, and I'm out of the office a lot. I use the playbook:
    -as a breviary (liturgical prayers that we pray 7 times daily) and bible study
    You must be running the Beta of OS 2 and using an Android app for that... I can't wait till Feb 21st....
    02-17-12 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD