I've noticed that about every 10-20 minutes my wireless stops working. Web browsers and apps fail to load I need to go to the main screen, click my wireless connection and disable and re-enable it and it works fine again.

I'm running beta 2.0.0.6149 (dingled) and was wondering if this was a regular issue?

I've done a wipe, reinstall, downgrade, dingle and re-upgrade and the problem still persists.
    02-14-12 09:53 PM
    Have you updated the firmware on your router recently? I had this very issue at work when using a Windows laptop as a WAP. The wifi in the building or the one at home works perfectly with the PB though.
    02-14-12 10:26 PM
    I had this problem for the longest time until my router's manufacturer (d-link I think) finally released new firmware.
    02-15-12 03:13 AM
    Router issue....either update your router's firmware, or get a new router.
    02-15-12 03:18 AM
    It's more of an N band issue than anything else...i can simply tell you to switch your wireless N to B/G or mixed and that will fix it or go to this thread as it is a well known issue that RIM has acknowledged....you'll find your answer(s) in pages 7-9... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-0-8-a-672838/

and before you chime in and say you're on the beta 2.0, it doesn't matter. it's a playbook issue with reading the N band on routers...it's possible that they will fix this when they release os2.0 but i'm not holding my breath as my other devices don't really use the N band anyway, but that's just me.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 02-15-12 at 04:04 AM.
    02-15-12 04:00 AM
    I made a recent discovery about my PB's wifi: here in my Mexican holiday condo, the wifi is WEP and it works really well. But when I was on the balcony the other day, I found that the wifi would drop if I held the PB upside-down, i.e., with the camera at the bottom and BB name at the top. (This only happened while holding it in "landscape" orientation, not when held either way in the "portrait" orientation.) If I hold the PB with the camera on top and the BB name at the bottom, the wifi remains rock steady. At home where I have a solid wifi signal throughout my house, I never had this issue but I will test it when I get home (fortunately, my return to the frozen north is still weeks away!!!)

So this got me wondering, if you're at the edge of the wifi range, or perhaps dealing with an older, weaker router, and holding it "upside down", perhaps this would explain some of the wifi dropping issues being reported in some of these posts.
    02-15-12 09:42 AM
    check ur router setting, make sure WMM is enabled else PB will be frequently disconnected if ur router is N/G mixed,
    02-15-12 10:33 AM
    Sounds exactly like my WiFi issue, dropping after several minutes. Fixed by accessing router settings (via browser) and changing one of settings from "B,G,N" to... "B,G". Avoiding N setting seems to work for many people. Others have fixed by using WEP to secure network instead of WPA and WPA2. Presumably, this does the trick because WEP can use B or G, but not N.
    02-15-12 12:47 PM
    Thank you to those who recommended B/G mode over N, I'll give that a go.

To those who recommended switching to WEP, I would highly recommend you not do that. Breaking into any WEP connection can take as little as 10 minutes. Also WPS enabled WPA/WPA2 connections can be broken in <10 hours guaranteed with a new WPS exploit discovered earlier this year.
    02-15-12 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD