forgive me if this may sound crazy and it does but is there any possible way to run windows programs on the playbook?
    01-15-13 01:45 PM
    It's not possible to run windows programs on a Microsoft Surface RT tablet (unless its the surface Pro which isn't out yet), so on the Playbook... no.

You could try Splashtop Streamer for the Playbook, I have it its pretty good, I control my windows desktop from my Playbook connected to my TV via hdmi, who needs a smartTV
    branks_r likes this.
    01-15-13 01:54 PM
    lool thank you for the info
    01-15-13 01:56 PM
    Install Citrix client and run your Windows virtual desktop on the playbook.
    branks_r likes this.
    01-15-13 02:01 PM
    Re the citrix client, im running Zorin OS (linux), any ideas if it supports this OS ?
    01-15-13 02:35 PM
    Install Citrix client and run your Windows virtual desktop on the playbook.
    will I neeed to be on wifi and near my desktop?
    01-15-13 05:04 PM
    Splashtop has to be used on WiFi but it does not need to have both devices on the same network. You can sign into your google/splashtop.com account and the Splashtop will find your PC.
    01-15-13 07:08 PM
    ah. I wonder if I can link my pb with a friends computer from my house
    01-15-13 07:19 PM
    I believe DosBox will allow you to run Windows 3.1 and some old programs, dust off those floppy disks.
    branks_r likes this.
    01-15-13 08:57 PM
    PlayBook runs on QNX which uses a locked down UNIX file system, Windows data file support is via Service Message Blocks (SMB) via a UNIX/Linux SAMBA (SMB) service on the PlayBook. Long story short, incompatible file system for executable files.

Best to look for Windows work alike apps or a remote service as suggested above.

Welcome to PlayBook land.
    branks_r likes this.
    01-16-13 12:00 AM
    DOSbox seconded here.
    You'll need a win95 disc (which is not 'free on internet'). Then consider the boot will last as long as win95 boots did on old PC (two full minutes), and there is no way to 'save state', so each time you quit the app you know you'll need to basically restart the PC. Then the obtained PC indeed is an old, slow PC. Last there is a glitch with the mouse tracking, that may quickly become annoying for more than short-term use. (may be overcome with a mouse, but I didn't try)

You'll find all the needed details here, searching threads for 'dosbox'. In the last one I even posted screenshots with win95.
    01-16-13 12:26 PM