Hello All,

I am asking this questions on behalf of a friend. He has a playbook and just got a windows phone (samsung focus). He is trying to internet teather the playbook off his focus but is unable to do so. An error says the cannot connect to device.

I could be wrong but i thought any device (did not have to be a blackberry) could be used as a modem.

Does anyone know if you can use a windows phone as a modem for the playbook?

Thanks
    10-05-11 08:51 PM
    you have to setup a wireless hot spot if the phone allows it. Theres no way to connect via bluetooth.
    10-05-11 08:57 PM
    I too seem to remember hearing that any smartphone could be tethered via bluetooth to provide internet connectivity for a PB. Try searching Google on tethering a PB. I can't actually step through it for you as I have a 9930 and a PB.
    10-05-11 09:10 PM
    Hello All,

I am asking this questions on behalf of a friend. He has a playbook and just got a windows phone (samsung focus). He is trying to internet teather the playbook off his focus but is unable to do so. An error says the cannot connect to device.

I could be wrong but i thought any device (did not have to be a blackberry) could be used as a modem.

Does anyone know if you can use a windows phone as a modem for the playbook?

Thanks
    Check the earlier threads, but I thought I read something about a chip in these phones that causes this problem.
    10-05-11 09:12 PM
    10-05-11 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD