My old Win7 Laptop - 7 yrs old - is dying on me so I sprang for a new Win 8 HP laptop.

It connects to the router with no problem but while my dying Win7 laptop allows me to configure the Playbook to the computer, there does not seem to be a way to do this with Win8. On the old Laptop, I had a home group but on this one, I do not and do not expect to have one, unless it is necessary.

The Router is a Linksys WRT150N and has worked flawlessly with my old computer; and so far as e-mail and internet access, no problems at all. Is there a solution out there?

johnreid
    01-19-13 10:42 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but I hope it does.

Networking: How to Map Network Drive in Windows 8
    Just Me likes this.
    01-19-13 11:06 PM
    It works. Just figure out what ip your PB is on. And follow the post above
    Just Me likes this.
    01-19-13 11:17 PM
    the IP can be found under settings/about/network it's listed under WiFi IPv4
    01-19-13 11:20 PM
    It's best to assign a static IP for your Playbook. That way your router isn't assigning a different IP every time you connect.
    You can do that within the WiFi settings for your home network on the Playbook.
    Just Me likes this.
    01-20-13 09:46 AM
    01-20-13 10:10 AM
    It's best to assign a static IP for your Playbook. That way your router isn't assigning a different IP every time you connect.
    You can do that within the WiFi settings for your home network on the Playbook.
    TIP: with a static IP you can also add your PlayBook to your hosts file, so you don't have to remember the IP address. Your hosts file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Here is some info about editing the hosts file on Windows 8:

http://www.howtogeek.com/122404/how-...8s-hosts-file/
    01-20-13 10:21 AM
    Thank you all. I now have access to both Blackberry Playbooks - mine and that of my wife. One of the problems was that it took longer than expected for the recognition of the Playbook - I must have been too impatient!

Johnreid
    01-20-13 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD