X-Plane is the other big FS. A version of that is even FAA approved for instrument training.

Keeping this post on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing X-Plane on a PB, though.
    01-25-11 06:49 PM
    i have xplane for my incredible, its prettycool
    01-25-11 06:51 PM
    I am turning into a tech freak, so yes I am planning on getting the Playbook even if I get iPad 2. I already have a Chinese knock off Android tablet and iPad 1. Beyond this, my next laptop will be probably be the Acer Iconia, so I will have a Tablet-esque notebook too.
    I think that even if I didn't use a blackberry as my phone, the form factor of the playbook or similar would get me to pick it ahead of the ipad2 for the simple reasons that I already own an ipad and would want another device to offer me something different such as greater portability as I find I mostly use my ipad at home and prefer my much lighter kindle when I go out.
    01-26-11 11:13 AM
    Absolutely, i will buy PB instead of Ipad 2...
    1st PB
    2nd PB
    3rd PB
    01-28-11 06:37 PM
    Absolutely, i will buy PB instead of Ipad 2...
    1st PB
    2nd PB
    3rd PB
    hahhaha im guessing your mind is set
    01-28-11 10:48 PM
    Really like my ipad but it is too big to carry around at all times. I believe the playbook will be the right size after all.
    01-31-11 01:18 PM
    Really like my ipad but it is too big to carry around at all times. I believe the playbook will be the right size after all.
    At first I was skeptical when I heard that playbook was going to sport a 7" screen instead of a 10" but now the more I think about it, 7" is more conducive to being mobile. Each time my wife pulls her ipad out at night it reminds me.

Also I am thinking this should bring our cost down, right? The xoom is going to be a stiff competitor as it is having 50X as many apps and the larger screen appealing to some... RIM would be foolish to plop the playbook down on the shelf next to it with a price tag as high or higher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kb5zht; 01-31-11 at 01:42 PM.
    01-31-11 01:37 PM
    I like the 7" form factor also. I played with a Tab and iPad this weekend at BestBuy. I think if the PB does well Apple may go back and rethink the 7" iPad although they'll call it something else so they can say, see we said there would never be a 7" ipad.

I'm not opposed to a bigger screen but the 7" would be my 1st choice.
    01-31-11 01:44 PM
    After they slagged off the form factor, the odds are that apple will eventually turn round and claim some remarkable breakthrough that has allowed them to introduce a magical 8" tablet.
    01-31-11 04:49 PM
    Well... being a former iPad owner and current iPhone 4 user... I will be getting the PlayBook because of the size, webOS like multitaking, and flash over the iPad 2. BlackBerry QNX looks awesome and hopefully we will soon see phones running it...
    01-31-11 04:59 PM
    hopefully we will soon see phones running it...
    me too, hopefully this time next year they'll be announcing it
    01-31-11 06:42 PM
211 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD