No, I said "dual-boot". Once the PBs are in their hands, they'll play with QNX sooner or later.
    Understood. However, I think your argument revolves more around the conquering the "coolness" factor of Apple products than a direct head-to-head between OS's. I don't think I've read a single negative remark regarding the user interface and multitasking capabilities of QNX. The criticism (now that messaging is in there) revolves almost solely around apps and lack thereof. That isn't necessarily about the operating system itself, but the apps available for it. And while the apps for the PlayBook may not be up to par with the iPad, that's still two different arguments, if you know what I'm saying (which you may not, cuz I think I worded it poorly).
    03-14-12 04:39 PM
    Offer it without a case for $xx less and I might be more interested. I don't need, yet another case. I've got an Otterbox. I'd say most folks have some case already. While it might make a nice PACKAGE some folks don't need it that way.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I don't like or want the RIM case but I would be interested in the keyboard.
    The convertible case at The Source is 49.99. The case / keyboard combo is $99.99. I would pay up to $59.99 for the keyboard alone.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-14-12 04:54 PM
    Silver lining may be current playbook users who didnt know about the keyboard/case now will after seeing the article.

The spin this article puts on it is funny, I'm pretty sure RIM doesn't think this product will be their 'savior'. Not that they need one in my opinion.
    03-14-12 04:55 PM
    little correction. they don't choose iOS. they choose to trend with an idevice. either way, i wouldn't want my playbook dumbed down to iOS level, thanks.
    I agree. I have an iPad and I far prefer the OS on the Playbook. There is no comparison. One is clunky and very 2007ish, whereas the other is clean, slick, and fast.

The reason so many people have iPads isn't down to the OS, it is down to fashion and the fact that people see other people with iPads and they want one too. Until recently most people hadn't even seen a Playbook. That situation is now changing and I know several people who have seen mine who seriously like what they see, and some of those people are iPad users.

I desperately want the Playbook to succeed, because I don't want to have to go back to the clunky iPad, even if the latter does have 27,000 farting apps, 33,000 todo apps, 19,000 recipe apps and 96,000 games I'm not interested in.
    03-14-12 05:17 PM
    And of course they have to point out that the sales have been dismal. Well compared to the iPad everyone's sales are dismal.
    I came here to say this.
    03-14-12 05:19 PM
    hahah worst article ever! whats next theyre goign to talk about headphones that can save RIM LOL!!
    03-14-12 05:37 PM
    I was watching ctv news net again and there was a quick review of the keyboard. It was liked by the reviewer. He kind of put thunbs down on the sense less negitive reviews of the keyboard.
    03-14-12 06:48 PM
    I agree. I have an iPad and I far prefer the OS on the Playbook. There is no comparison. One is clunky and very 2007ish, whereas the other is clean, slick, and fast.

The reason so many people have iPads isn't down to the OS, it is down to fashion and the fact that people see other people with iPads and they want one too. Until recently most people hadn't even seen a Playbook. That situation is now changing and I know several people who have seen mine who seriously like what they see, and some of those people are iPad users.

I desperately want the Playbook to succeed, because I don't want to have to go back to the clunky iPad, even if the latter does have 27,000 farting apps, 33,000 todo apps, 19,000 recipe apps and 96,000 games I'm not interested in.
    I have handled an ipad about twice. But if what I see in some of their commercials is close - really, instant ultra-sounds, a guitar with strings you can twang, calligraphy, things like that sell the device. Even if I don't need those apps - they look great in those commercials. Frankly, I don't know if _WE_ (pb) has those types of apps but their images on tv are mesmerizing. And, friends sell friends who sell more friends.

But that Home button - I could not get the hang of it. Always pressed to get to another app?
    03-14-12 07:44 PM
    But that Home button - I could not get the hang of it. Always pressed to get to another app?
    Perhaps the Home button was designed to inspire confidence for special needs tech users that easily get lost in the sea of too many apps
    03-14-12 08:05 PM
    Everyone wants everything for free. Bet most wouldn't hesitate to spend 100 bone on a sporting event, supper out, a concert....all of which have very short value return from a time perspective.

I spend hours on my PB and won't hesitate to buy the key board cause typing will be easier and it's a cool toy. I really look forward to sitting in my chair, hook my PB to my high definition tv and navigating the web with my blue tooth keyboard....kinda like I do now with my phone.

Anyway as others have said if you don't want something don't buy it....but don't whine about it,forget about it.
    Snap51 and Cracklen like this.
    03-14-12 08:36 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD