Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 187
  1. espresso1967's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Will Kevin's prediction come true Super Bowl Playbook Commercial?

    Well I started to search to see if anything has popped up for RIM but nothing yet. Here is a link that be good to keep an eye on as the days get closer to Super Bowl.

    Super Bowl: Who's Buying What in Super Bowl 2011 - Advertising Age - MediaWorks

    Udate Febuary 5th:
    Still looking for info on a commercial and I came up on this at Will I Am's twitter, not sure if this has anything to do with the playbook, take it for what it is, not saying he is producing a commercial for blackberry.

    From Twitter iamwill:
    Had a long day. press conference, animation edits for the commercials I directed that are airing on the super bowl, and now wardrobe fixes
    7:17 PM Feb 3rd via Twitter for BlackBerry®
    Last edited by espresso1967; 02-05-2011 at 02:49 AM.
  2. dsquared2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,795 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    yeah i think hes right, that guys face was priceless when he said it.
    *Storm 9530->Storm2 9550->Bold 9930 -> Black BlackBerry Z10 (80GB) on VZW
    *BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

    A gift of any size supports the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross whether it's responding to a disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting our military members and their families. Donate to The American Red Cross.
  3. UrbanGlowCam's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,332 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    LOL ya and the fact that the term "Playbook" is a football term so it would fit perfectly.
  4. lnichols's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    6,423 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,961 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    With the name of the device, the Black Eyed Peas halftime show, and the release window all converging at the Super Bowl, it seems to be the perfect storm for a Playbook ad!
  5. Kerms's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,253 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,272 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    It will only make sense if you can preorder it at that time. If RIM gets Amazon, Walmart, Verizon, etc... to setup preorder SKUs so people can jump on the impulse when they see the Super Bowl ad, they could do well with it.

    Yes, that does mean I don't think it will be available by Super Bowl Sunday. It makes no sense to spend $1M+ on an ad and have everyone forget about it in the eight or so weeks until the thing is available. However, if you can preorder, folks will do that and then forget about it until it arrives at their door.
    It does seem like the perfect time to release it or maybe even a few weeks after. What you say does make since though about eight weeks people may forget about it but it depends on how RIM does the ad.

    Remember how Moto did the droid commercials. You never saw it but they kept building up to them until when it was time to release.

    If RIM just wants the Enterprise business then I don't think it will matter too much as the IT guys have it on their radar already. If they want a larger consumer base with the avg mom and pop then they will have to advertise heavily but i don't think they can go toe to toe with the iPad commercial blitz.
    About a month or two before Christmas I saw nothing but iPad commercials quiet a few times twice during the same show.

    If the PlayBook drops after the iPad2 it's going to be rough. It will still be a challenge if they drop after the iPad2 announcement because all the main news sites will have something about it on the page.
  6. Kerms's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,253 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,272 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    I don't think RIM want's to go head to head with the iPad2 this go around maybe next year when RIM has some decent market share.

    If the rumors of the ipad2 have that super crazy screen res, more memory, dual cores and cameras it's going to get the love from the news sources. Since it still hasn't been made clear. If the PB doesn't do email/calendar or syncs with other services out of the box, that's going to get mentioned. The remark will be "You'll need a BlackBerry phone also to do email" while that may not be 100% accurate it will be enough to shy some people away.
  7. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    If the playbook does get commercial time during the superbowl, buy stock in RIM and hold it two weeks or so. Historically every company that advertises during the superbowl experiences a spike in stock value for a few weeks afterwards.

    I think it would be an excellent time to officially break the news. Will they? Who knows. I gave up trying to figure rim's strategy out years ago. Maybe its because they simply don't have one.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  8. grreyes24's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    100 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    BestBuy has their first ever SuperBowl commercial set to run in the 3rd quarter. Maybe the PlayBook will have a spot earlier in the game or at halftime with the Black Eyed Peas then in the 3rd BestBuy runs the add that it will be available there.
  9. jlb21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,577 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,978 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!
    #9  

    Default

    Maybe Will.I.Am will be holding a PlayBook while they are playing........
  10. Frank2029's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    246 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    It will only make sense if you can preorder it at that time. If RIM gets Amazon, Walmart, Verizon, etc... to setup preorder SKUs so people can jump on the impulse when they see the Super Bowl ad, they could do well with it.

    Yes, that does mean I don't think it will be available by Super Bowl Sunday. It makes no sense to spend $1M+ on an ad and have everyone forget about it in the eight or so weeks until the thing is available. However, if you can preorder, folks will do that and then forget about it until it arrives at their door.

    No sense to spend 1+ million dollars? Dude, RIM has billions to spend. 1 million to them is absolutely nothing. How many people watch the Superbowl? LOTS of people. 50+ million.

    If RIM sold the playbook for $500 it would only take 2000 people to buy the playbook and they will make that 1mill back. If they sold it for $700 it would take 1430 people. I can bet you that at the very least 1430 people who have never even heard of the Playbook will buy it after they see the ad.

    Guarantee it!
  11. kcmo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    581 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    It would be AWESOME if it aired during the game! I'll be watching....and crossing my fingers. Let's just hope that if it does air, it shows a release date that's not too far off.
  12. gregorylkelly's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,660 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,702 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank2029 View Post
    No sense to spend 1+ million dollars? Dude, RIM has billions to spend. 1 million to them is absolutely nothing. How many people watch the Superbowl? LOTS of people. 50+ million.

    If RIM sold the playbook for $500 it would only take 2000 people to buy the playbook and they will make that 1mill back. If they sold it for $700 it would take 1430 people. I can bet you that at the very least 1430 people who have never even heard of the Playbook will buy it after they see the ad.

    Guarantee it!
    Try 100 million viewers. And, most of those viewers are watching commercials unlike any other television event.
  13. dsquared2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,795 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anastasiophan View Post
    Try 100 million viewers. And, most of those viewers are watching commercials unlike any other television event.
    exactly. 99% of the reason i make an effort to watch the entire super bowl is the commercials
    *Storm 9530->Storm2 9550->Bold 9930 -> Black BlackBerry Z10 (80GB) on VZW
    *BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

    A gift of any size supports the lifesaving mission of the American Red Cross whether it's responding to a disaster, collecting lifesaving blood, teaching skills that can save a life, or assisting our military members and their families. Donate to The American Red Cross.
  14. T.roy's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    If they run commercials during the super bowl I hope they show it off with a playbook version of Madden NFL being played on a big screen lcd.

    I hope they've been smart and comp'd someone like EA to have them port some games for release.
  15. bighap's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,419 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    It makes no sense to spend $1M+ on an ad and have everyone forget about it in the eight or so weeks until the thing is available.
    Movie trailers make their premier during the Super Bowl all the time. Many of them don't come out until 3+ months later.
  16. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    RIM has billions to spend.
    Shame then they don't staff a better R&D department. They are behind on everything.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,724 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    I saw some BB ads during the playoffs, so hopefully, they'll do a PB ad for the SB
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
  18. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,509 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    Shame then they don't staff a better R&D department. They are behind on everything.
    Do you not get bored with these continual content-free one line whines in every thread on this board?
  19. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Do you not get bored with these continual content-free one line whines in every thread on this board?
    Kind of like the one you just made?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  20. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,403 Global Posts
    PIN
    N/A
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    Do you not get bored with these continual content-free one line whines in every thread on this board?
    He does kind of have a point tbh. Plus, some content-free one line whines can also be rather humorous.
    CrackBerry Visitor
  21. jgaspar89's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    440 Posts
    PIN
    N/A
    #21  

    Default

    Ill say this, if RIM doesn't integrate the name "PlayBook" into superbowl advertising it will be the biggest fail ever.

    RIM isn't that stupid, I think Kevin hit it bang on

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. BlackStormRising's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,240 Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jgaspar89 View Post
    Ill say this, if RIM doesn't integrate the name "PlayBook" into superbowl advertising it will be the biggest fail ever.

    RIM isn't that stupid, I think Kevin hit it bang on

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed. Besides, when is Kevin ever wrong about stuff like this? The bigger question is whether we'll see the Super App "Angry Birds" on it in the commercial.
  23. WillieLee's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    597 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    He does kind of have a point tbh. Plus, some content-free one line whines can also be rather humorous.
    Please detail RIM's R&D department.
  24. WillieLee's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    597 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank2029 View Post
    No sense to spend 1+ million dollars? Dude, RIM has billions to spend. 1 million to them is absolutely nothing. How many people watch the Superbowl? LOTS of people. 50+ million.

    If RIM sold the playbook for $500 it would only take 2000 people to buy the playbook and they will make that 1mill back. If they sold it for $700 it would take 1430 people. I can bet you that at the very least 1430 people who have never even heard of the Playbook will buy it after they see the ad.

    Guarantee it!
    It has an audience of almost 100 million in the US alone. Not to mention the international broadcast. While some outside markets substitute their own commercials, if they could somehow get the mention in during the halftime show(although rather unlikely) it could guarantee an incredible amount of viewers.
  25. BlackStormRising's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,240 Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WillieLee View Post
    It has an audience of almost 100 million in the US alone. Not to mention the international broadcast. While some outside markets substitute their own commercials, if they could somehow get the mention in during the halftime show(although rather unlikely) it could guarantee an incredible amount of viewers.
    It could get an "accidental" placement in the half-time show. It found its way into a Black-Eyed Peas music video, so I wouldn't rule out a glimpse during their live set at the half.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions