Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By majorusa
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default will iphone apps work on playbook?

i think playbook is the only tablet that doesn`t support iphone apps,or any other apps from other devices
    which sometimes can be really annoying thinking that,i`m a huge game addict and love playing gta and it works on all tablets except playbook
    i admire blackberry`s independence of standing on its own feet but it would be nice to play any app that`s available for all the other tablets
    i`m a blackberry fan,i have playbook and the bold 9900,and this is my question....

will we ever have apps like other tablets and phones? i`m not gonna change my phone if u say no (blackberry forever) but i want to play gta and other apps on my playbook/phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

You will have to wait a little longer for bb10 to arrive on the pb.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,098 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VictorLohan View Post
    i think playbook is the only tablet that doesn`t support iphone apps,or any other apps from other devices
    which sometimes can be really annoying thinking that,i`m a huge game addict and love playing gta and it works on all tablets except playbook
    i admire blackberry`s independence of standing on its own feet but it would be nice to play any app that`s available for all the other tablets
    i`m a blackberry fan,i have playbook and the bold 9900,and this is my question....

will we ever have apps like other tablets and phones? i`m not gonna change my phone if u say no (blackberry forever) but i want to play gta and other apps on my playbook/phone
    Apple devices play Apple apps.......Androids play Android apps......Playbook plays BB apps AND SOME PORTED ANDROID APPS.

Final answer.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

This is a definitely YES! But you have to wait until 2113 when the Blackberry company acquired the troubled Apple Company following the launch of BB13 that rewrote the rules on the tablet - phone market and made all the Apple products obsolete. Then BB will port all the IOS legacy apps on the BB13 and voila! You have them on your PB!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I hink that you made a tupr majorusa, you date should be 2013
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,784 Global Posts

Will iPhone Apps work on PlayBook's? No... same way, PlayBook Apps wouldn't work on iPhone or iPad... the Apps or games has to be rewritten to PlayBook OS for its to work in PlayBook's platform environment... exactly the same thing need to be done for PB Apps and games to work on iDevices... unfortunately, Apps and games are controlled by the developers themselves, so, they are the decision makers when rewriting their Apps / games to other platform other than the current platform they are supporting... but ofcourse it need a direct collaboration with the owner platform to give them authorization and tools... things like that...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

As well as those ported android apps you can run these 14 game console ports and thousands of games Emulators and Emulator News for BlackBerry PlayBook

Emulators:

SNES9x-PB (A7omic, jtokarchuk): Snes9x for Blackberry Playbook: Official Thread

DGEN (Sega Megadrive, froggyface): DGEN Sega Megadrive/Genesis emulator ported

Unreal Speccy ZX (froggyface) unreal-speccy ZX Spectrum emulator for playbook

VBA-M (Gameboy Advance/Gameboy Color, froggyface): VBAm port for playbook ( GBA/GB/GBC emu)

HuGo (PC Engine/Turbografx16, froggyface): HuGo (PCEngine/TG16) Emu ported

FCEUXpb (Nintendo Entertainment System, froggyface): FCEUX port for playbook. (NES Emulator)

Atari800 (froggyface): froggyface

DOSBox (A7omic): DOSBox

ScummVM (???): ScummVM for PlayBook

psx-reARMed-pb (Playstation, Catalyst) pcsx-reARMed-pb

GBColor-PB (jtokarchuk) GBColor-PB: GameBoy/GameBoy Color Emulator for PlayBook

mupen64plus (CatalystG): http://opensourcebb.com/2012/06/mupe...-for-playbook/

AlmostTI - Texas Instrument Calculator (travisredpath) AlmostTI for Blackberry Playbook

ColEm - ColecoVision Emulator (travisredpath) ColEm for the Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am waiting for it......
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,784 Global Posts

^^If that is your real picture in your avatar, I'm willing to wait too... with you...

Posted via Z10