I want to buy a PlayBook from the USA but want to know if it will work in the UK and if the BlackBerry Bridge and BlackBerry AppWorld will work in the UK
    04-25-11 12:54 PM
    I don't see why it wouldn't work in the UK. It should work fine, as for appworld I am not too sure about. I don't know if its location based, I don't think it would be because I know some developers abroad received playbooks as well through the developer program.
    04-25-11 01:03 PM
    there is no cellular...so wifi is pretty universal.

should be fine so long as you know jow to use one of the 6 installed kbs
    04-25-11 01:30 PM
    What do you mean by the 6 installed kbs?
    04-25-11 01:36 PM
    Has anyone actually done this yet?
    04-25-11 01:49 PM
    I don't think so. The language barrier would make it pretty useless, IMO. ROFL
    04-25-11 01:51 PM
    Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Cos the UK release date is supposedly June sometime? Possibly sooner. But it'll probably turn out to be like the iPad and be a lot more expensive in England. So i thought it would be cheaper AND faster to buy one from America?
    04-25-11 02:32 PM
    I want to buy a PlayBook from the USA but want to know if it will work in the UK and if the BlackBerry Bridge and BlackBerry AppWorld will work in the UK
    Do you mean will the video out work? ie, PAL vs NTSC?
    04-25-11 02:49 PM
    IT WILL WORK, I got my playbook from canada 5 days ago and everthing is 100% FINE
    05-01-11 07:11 PM
    IT WILL WORK, I got my playbook from canada 5 days ago and everthing is 100% FINE
    Is it still working OK?
    05-10-11 08:10 AM
    I've had my playbook since May 1st in the UK and have had no issues. Haven't downloaded any pay apps from appworld but free apps download fine. The pay apps are appearing in $ rather than � though. Not sure if that will present problems.
    05-10-11 08:20 AM
    Yes of course, it works just fine. Got my 64gb in the US the day it came out and back in UK now.
    By the way I love it so glad I bought it. So easy to carry around and looking forward to more updates and apps in the near future.
    05-10-11 08:21 AM
    I've had my playbook since May 1st in the UK and have had no issues. Haven't downloaded any pay apps from appworld but free apps download fine. The pay apps are appearing in $ rather than � though. Not sure if that will present problems.
    really? mine appear in �, also i have purchased and is perfectly fine too
    05-10-11 08:33 AM
    I live in Germany and bought a PB in the US. It works perfectly(why shouldn't it) and it also synched with a german 9700(Vodafone) pretty well(Bridge).
    05-10-11 08:34 AM
    It will work. The charger is rated from 110-250v. Problem is it will just speak funny calling chips crisps and crisps chips...etc.
    05-10-11 08:37 AM
    It worked here in indonesia where people dont speak english.
    So it should work in english speaking country.
    05-10-11 09:08 AM
    Yep another PB owner, 32gb that lives in the UK and uses a playbook...it works fine, tethers to my tmobile uk 9780 perfectly fine...appworld works fine and can buy apps in �'s rather than $'s...updates have been downloaded and installed without any major issues.

All is well so go ahead and buy one..simply awesome little tabs they are.

The only thing im slightly concerned about is the warranty part, seeing as i US spec pb and live here in the UK...so i rung RIM here in the UK, spoke to a tech guy in Nove Scotia...believe it or not and asked him where RIM stands on the warranty and if its international...said that at the moment the systems here in the UK arent set up for any pb related stuff but once the pb is released here in the UK then they will be able to help...just wish they would release it soon as i have a few dead pixels and i want to get it fixed or replaced...so fingers crossed US/Canada spec pb's will still be supported here in the UK.
    05-10-11 10:43 AM
    The PB should work, your only problem will be the charging cord, BUT the solution is to charge via a PC or Mac.
    05-10-11 10:59 AM
    Canadian one works without issue.

For the setup details I used my existing BlackBerry Id and setup was fine. There was a small delay before getting the update to NFS and Tetris but otherwise appworld is fully functional.
    05-10-11 11:02 AM
    The PB should work, your only problem will be the charging cord, BUT the solution is to charge via a PC or Mac.
    i'm using a travel converter, works just fine. just plug it in between the wall socket and the pb charger ;-)
    charging via pc/mac takes waaaay to long.

and i'm using my us bought playbook without any issues here in The Netherlands, bridged with a torch @ vodafone.
    05-10-11 11:16 AM
    Not a problem...just need a uk shaver adaptor which i use on mine and works perfectlt.
    05-10-11 11:18 AM
    100% no problems
    05-10-11 12:19 PM
    haha i use shaver adopter as well
    05-10-11 12:22 PM
    Using a US one in South Africa with a travel adaptor and if it works here in hickville, it should work everywhere else

Wifi, tethering, no issues. Just...too...few...apps!!!
    05-10-11 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD