I have 2 16GB BB Playbooks. Both have Modern Combat 2 installed from BB appworld. Yesterday i upgraded from version 3 to version 4 of the game. The file size is 400MB. My newer playbook took about 20mins to download the file. It has about 8GB free space left on the device. My old playbook took well over 20 mins (at the 20min mark it had downloaded about 10% ~40MB of 400MB). I went to sleep so i don't know how long it took, but prob b/w 1-2hrs. It has about 2GB of free space. Bluetooth was off on both. Both were downloaded one after the next, not at the same time. What can be causing such a large difference? Could the hardware be faulty? Old PB is well past it's warranty.

Thanks.
    06-06-12 10:32 AM
    Could be several different factors. Did the old device have less free space? Also was the old device further from the router?
    Hgouck likes this.
    06-10-12 09:14 PM
    Not sure is it is the Playbook or the router... in all likelyhood RIM Could be the culprit... i had similat issues when I updated my OS on my 2 Playbook.... first downloaded in less than 20 minutes... when I started the second upgrade it tool over 3 hours.... so go figure....
    06-10-12 09:32 PM
    I have two brand new playbooks, 64gb and 32gb.
    while downloading Shadowgun, the 32gb finished in less than 20 mins and the 64gb finished in 75 mins. the OS version of the playbooks 2.0.1.358. the distance from the wifi (AP) to the playbooks is the same.

what is the cause of this?
    09-30-12 08:47 PM
    what is the cause of this?
    More than likely your own internet connection, contention ratio and bandwidth at different times of day.

Unless you were downloading the same thing on both at the same time, but even then its unlikely they would share the bandwidth equally.

Test your connection speed multiple times over the space of a few minutes and you can receive vastly differing scores.

The only other thing i can think of is if appworld has bandwidth 'slots' - in that depending when you log in you can get thrown in the same slot as 20 other people or get a slot all to yourself?
    pkcable likes this.
    10-01-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD