Since the new update wireless transfer to Playbook does not work. Hate to ask but is there another work around for this issue? Work grounds are becommingng quite common for this device.
    08-10-11 08:51 AM
    yes there are several threads here about using the IP address since the wireless transfer is not working in the lastest update. You go in to your settings on PB and find your IP address. then you will enter it in your computer. On your computer you hold down the window key +R and type in the IP address. For more details about how to do this look for some postings that were down back just after the latest update came out.
    08-10-11 09:09 AM
    mac or windows? I posted a work around for mac not to long ago. windows I guess you'd click my computer>map network drive. then use your playbooks Ip address
    08-10-11 09:10 AM
    You need to use IP addressing which is described in the link below. The issue is depending on how you turn on/off your computer or the pb, the ip address might change so you need to use the new/newly assigned address.

http://crackberry.com/workaround-wif...berry-playbook
    08-10-11 09:17 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Have done everyones recomindations. Did not work. Using windows 7 on my laptop.
    08-10-11 12:03 PM
    i use windows 7 and vista and have never had a problem using the 'run'->'//ip.address' method.
    08-10-11 12:11 PM
    Playbook shows up on my windows7 network but does not open up. Name not recognised? Check spelling? I'm confused!
    08-10-11 12:19 PM
    have you enabled wireless transfer? and have you set a password?

i had issues at first so i reverted back to "playbook" and leaving it without a password
    08-10-11 01:13 PM
    Not sure if this is the issue you're having, but you may want to give this a try: on the Playbook, go to Options (the gear on the top right of the home screen), then go to Storage & Sharing, then click the Properties button in Network Identification. The bottom entry is the Username. Use that Username with the password you set when you enabled File Sharing as your credentials when you try to connect to the Playbook. Hope this helps.
    08-10-11 01:45 PM
    you have to look for your IP address, looking at the word "playbook" will not work in this version of the PB update. You need to read the link in #4 above and use the IP address to move data. I am using window 7 and it shows my Playbook but that does not work as far as moving any data.
    08-10-11 01:48 PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will give them all a try. Still love the Playbook.
    08-11-11 08:02 AM
    Restart your router, and your computer. Every once in a while my wifi sharing goes down and this solves the problem.
    08-11-11 08:43 AM
    Well, I tried every suggestion on this thread to resolve my Playbook WiFi file sharing issue. No luck, did jot work. I guess I will have to wait for new update to fix this bug.
    08-15-11 07:44 PM
    Thanks for the 'add ip address work around works a dream now
    also a good tip i added the play book ip address folder to a Desktop shortcut & changed to icon to one that looks like a tablet & renamed Playbook
    so now it just a click on desktop away
    Last edited by stevenbones; 08-16-11 at 03:42 AM.
    08-16-11 03:38 AM
    The only issue I now run into is that the ip address changes and I have to update my shortcut's properties.
    08-16-11 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD