Just a little comparison with my Lenovo tablet that's on ebay. The lenovo won't connect just 30 yards outside the house - at all.

So this weekend I'm out finishing my chicken coop, which is right by the goat pen - ya, you can call me a hick - makes me proud!

Anyway, I'm at least 100 yards away from house with the playbook, 25-30 mph winds & it connects right away & proceeds to stream the New Country station on Slacker radio all afternoon without buffering problems or a hiccup whatsoever; thanks to the better speakers than I've ever had on a tablet before, I didn't even have a problem listening - & singing along. Too bad I didn't have this device when I built the structure, I could have viewed the plans & it might be square.
    03-05-12 11:55 AM
    Just checking, are you sure that was WiFi you were connected to? Because bridge connects automatically if there's no WiFi, which can be both a blessing and a curse if you're on a limited data plan. Although I do agree. The PlayBook is awesome at this. But you're not a "hick" if you have WiFi and you stream music off your PlayBook.
    03-05-12 12:00 PM
    I have a similar experience. I live in a stone cottage with 20" thick walls and can get a full wi fi signal in my summer house 30 yards from the router !!
    My laptop struggles to get any kind of signal that far away never mind connect to the wi fi.
    03-05-12 12:10 PM
    I'm getting closer, but haven't converted the original Moto Droid to a Blackberry, so no - no bridging. Next time I'll try the Vevo ap.

Just checking, are you sure that was WiFi you were connected to? Because bridge connects automatically if there's no WiFi, which can be both a blessing and a curse if you're on a limited data plan. Although I do agree. The PlayBook is awesome at this. But you're not a "hick" if you have WiFi and you stream music off your PlayBook.
    03-05-12 12:14 PM
    Wow, chicken and goats...do any voodoo in your neck of the Ozarks?

Seriously, I get a great signal in my urban neighborhood to the tune of 50 meters or so. I can even log on to one of my neighbor's routers, and she's 65 meters down the street.
    03-05-12 12:16 PM
    Just a little comparison with my Lenovo tablet that's on ebay. The lenovo won't connect just 30 yards outside the house - at all.

So this weekend I'm out finishing my chicken coop, which is right by the goat pen - ya, you can call me a hick - makes me proud!

Anyway, I'm at least 100 yards away from house with the playbook, 25-30 mph winds & it connects right away & proceeds to stream the New Country station on Slacker radio all afternoon without buffering problems or a hiccup whatsoever; thanks to the better speakers than I've ever had on a tablet before, I didn't even have a problem listening - & singing along. Too bad I didn't have this device when I built the structure, I could have viewed the plans & it might be square.
    Chicken coop... Goat pen.... Country station?

What a hick!

Seriously though, cool story!
    03-05-12 12:20 PM
    If you were on wifi, was this on the 2.4 or 5Ghz band?
    03-05-12 12:38 PM

"Billy crack corn and I don't care, Billy crack corn and I....

I have yet to test OS2 and my new router in the back yard, but with a 5,600 square foot lot, I don't have a lot of ground to cover. Although, they do allow goats and chickens.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-05-12 01:16 PM
    Careful with the chickens they don't have teeth but their beaks may do some damage to your (touch) scrn And goats i've heard they will eat or try to anything, especially a highly rated RIM product !!

Lucky you're not a user of PB with large boa con'

Thanks for sharing
    03-05-12 01:27 PM
    Careful with the chickens they don't have teeth but their beaks may do some damage to your (touch) scrn And goats i've heard they will eat or try to anything, especially a highly rated RIM product !!

Lucky you're not a user of PB with large boa con'

Thanks for sharing
    No "kidding" They really use goats here in Seattle to take out BLACKBERRY hedges! There are bike paths here that are redolent with blackberry scent wafting about. And a few neighbors have chickens, one of which morphed into a rooster. It was quickly exported - no roosters allowed. I "chicken sit" and egg gather when one goes on vacation.
    03-05-12 01:41 PM
    If you were on wifi, was this on the 2.4 or 5Ghz band?
    2.4 ghz, I set it up for him.
    03-05-12 01:53 PM
    I could send you some hatching eggs . Didn't mention the camera, dang nice quality. Have to say after my dslr id grab it for pics.

"Billy crack corn and I don't care, Billy crack corn and I....

I have yet to test OS2 and my new router in the back yard, but with a 5,600 square foot lot, I don't have a lot of ground to cover. Although, they do allow goats and chickens.
    03-05-12 01:58 PM

Probably because the wind was blowing towards the house
    03-05-12 02:03 PM
    I knew there had to be a logical explanation.
    03-05-12 04:45 PM
    I think OS2 made the range better.
    03-05-12 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD