So since the most recent software update my wifi is working like complete garbage - to the point where simple websites have become problematic to load. This has been tested over a couple of different wifi networks. Furthermore as I sit here on my 2 year old junker HP laptop, streaming a blogtalk radio show and surfing the net. Meanwhile my Jokebook will not load a website at all.

Anyone else having wifi issues post update? This thing has always been ok for wifi, but never this ridiculously useless. It's bloody embarassing. We're supposed to have this technically advanced piece, professional tablet that has trouble eating wifi unless you're sitting on the router. In addition, the other day I was at a hotel and the Playbook wouldn't even connect but my lady's iPad would easily connect.

So to make a short story long - any clue what's going on?

*Note to the sycophant gladhanders, stay home. I don't want a god damn iPad which is why I bought a Playbook for retail day 1.
    11-29-11 11:03 PM
    I dunno whats up with the wifi but it was supposed to be improved iirc from the patch notes they released. I feel like if I am not on the same floor as my router it doesn't work well. This isn't a big house I am in either. The rest of the time, it still works great.

I like the end note lol... day 1 purchaser here as well and recently was told to buy an ipad by one of the fanboys (playbook) here because I have issues with some aspects of the playbook.
    Last edited by esqlaw; 11-29-11 at 11:15 PM.
    11-29-11 11:12 PM
    hey...i bought the pb on day one here in Ottawa, bigger supporter, but I too have encountered wifi issues since the update....my pb wifi indicator says it is connected by when i try going to app world my pb gives my a message saying that i am not connected.... never had this happen before...it is a bit troubling...
    11-29-11 11:17 PM
    Please head over to the BlackBerry Tablet OS sub-forum, where there is an extensive thread on the Wi-Fi issue:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-0-8-a-672838/

The best solutions appear around pages 6-7.
    11-29-11 11:27 PM
    I'm not having wi-fi issues with my pb since the upgrade.

Did you look-over your Options settings in the browser...Content, Permissions, Privacy & Security? Is it all good-to-go?

Try "Clear All" in Privacy & Security...esp. Clear Cache
    11-29-11 11:31 PM
    Disable in Router: N!
    11-30-11 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD