I know there is a few threads here about wifi issues but I thought I'd add my one to the bunch . I never had broadband issues until I got my blackberry PlayBook at Xmas. From then disaster!!! Before PlayBook my iphone and hubbies Samsung galaxy have wifi always on plus netbook with no problems. Along comes blackberry PlayBook and I'm constantly restarting broadband for it to work for a while only all to stop again. It seems I can't have the iphone and blackberry on wifi at the same time which can be a bit annoying. We have Vodafone broadband. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Jackie
    01-09-13 12:52 PM
    If there are a few threads about wifi issues.... did you use the search button?
    jackiebrendan likes this.
    01-09-13 01:01 PM
    Is the router provided by them? Might is be the 2.4 5.2(?) issues and trying to share to too many devices?
    01-09-13 02:23 PM
    I also had a problem as the one you describe but it turn out to be an issue with my provider (virgin, UK) in the area. So the timing was just a coincidence. Just saying...
    01-09-13 03:17 PM
    Vodafone is just horrible. 'Period.' Sadly, they probably dont have a great Internet service, and thry're customer service is worse, so they're no help to you. But really, it all depends on how many devices at once your router or Vodafone Hub thing (dont know it's name, never bothered with it) is actually compatible for. Say... Like... Only 3 devices at once. When you go over that, your router/whatever you have becomes overwhelmed. The second possibility could be what a few threads have been about: the PlayBook kills wifi, it may sound like a PlayBook fault, bit it's not. PlayBook just seems to run your internet speed right down, as it seems to be using it all. If you get what I mean.
    01-10-13 01:44 AM
    I have been having lots of disconnects recently. I checked the wi-fi logs and it was connecting on and off every couple of hours.

Anyway I have a Draytek router so a pretty good one with 450Mbps N wi-fi. So I have all the bells and whistles turned on that all my other devices seem to work ok with. So last night I switched off the 20/40 waveband to just 20 and also switched off WMM. Since then it's been solid.

I only have 150Mbps wi-fi now but its not a biggie. Never get the Playbook to go over 65Mbps.
    01-10-13 05:33 AM