ok im on the latest update (not 2.0 beta) wifi works great. then i put it down and it goes to sleep. When i open it back up my wifi is connected but no internet access. I have to turn off wifi then turn it back on to get internet access. Anybody with a similar issue? Any fixes?
    12-04-11 10:18 AM
    My BlackBerry Playbooks go into standby mode and wake-up followed by a momentary reconnect to full strength WiFi signal. The only Internet not accessible problems I ever had were traced back to 802.11N and I subsequently disabled 802.11N. Did you perform a hard reboot?
    12-04-11 10:26 AM
    As a matter of fact, I did have this problem this morning. I also found a fix to this problem. What I did to fix mine was actually rather simple.

My connection via Wi-Fi goes through a WPA2-Personal connection which means it needs a password. After it woke up from a sleep state, it said it didn't have a active connection. The WI-FI sign was gray as where any other Wi-Fi device would turn up green which indicated that the Wi-Fi connection from the router was distributed correctly. So what I did then was the following: I clicked on the connection itself and it just connected to the router again.

Now I've done some research on this, and it seems that my router would just not handle the sleep state of the BlackBerry Playbook so it threw away the old leash in the router. When the BlackBerry playbook woke up from its sleep state it wouldn't request a new leash which resulted in not having any Wi-Fi connection.

I haven't worked around getting it to do requests a new leash, but at least I know what the problem was. I found out about this by checking out the router logs. Now, a simple fix is to extend the leash period to 0( inifinite ), but that; in my setup will result in security issues. Does this help anything at all? Or do you have another problem?
    12-04-11 10:28 AM
    When you say "When i open it back up my wifi is connected" are you going by the Icon at the top of the screen or tapping the gear on the top right and looking at wifi? I know on my PB the icon delays in showing the real connection. For a true picture of connection I always go to the wifi settings tab. Most times after waking up it takes a second for the PB to search for a active wifi to make sure you did not move to a new location with a different wifi available to connect to
    12-04-11 10:34 AM
    Same issue for me as well. Once waking the PB up, the wifi shows full bars. Opening the browser and the progress bar stops halfway. Waiting or reopening the browser does not help. The wifi has to be turned off then on agian for connection. Hard reset has been completed as well as changing router setting to mixed b/g. Still having the same issues.
    12-04-11 10:50 AM
    have you tried changing the router setting from WPA2-Personal connection to WEP? Sounds like what the second poster referred to. The router thinks the PB has left the area and shut down the connection. After wake up, the PB has to resend the password to connect which must be done by tapping on the connection in settings
    12-04-11 11:34 AM
    Exactly right JJ. Although full bars and showing connected there is no internet. must disconnect and then reconnect. I think everyone has some good ideas here. I think i will try the switching off wpa2 first and see how that goes
    12-04-11 11:43 AM
    I think i will try the switching off wpa2 first and see how that goes
    I don't have that much of a problem with it, so I'll leave it for what it is. It's only tapping the connection once in the Wi-Fi connection settings manager.

Also, great replies though!
    12-04-11 12:06 PM
    You can leave your security at WPA2, i changed my routers wireless broadcast from Wireless N (Mixed) to Wireless b/g Only.

The playbook is having issues with wireless n.
    12-04-11 12:15 PM
    If you know why it is doing it than you can deal with it. Personal I need the more secure network of WPA2 and have other devices that connect on the N wireless. I just know when I bring it out of sleep mode to click on the connection and I am all good.
    12-04-11 12:20 PM
    same problem here
    just started happening after 3 weeks use
    12-04-11 06:42 PM
    As a matter of fact, I did have this problem this morning. I also found a fix to this problem. What I did to fix mine was actually rather simple.

My connection via Wi-Fi goes through a WPA2-Personal connection which means it needs a password. After it woke up from a sleep state, it said it didn't have a active connection. The WI-FI sign was gray as where any other Wi-Fi device would turn up green which indicated that the Wi-Fi connection from the router was distributed correctly. So what I did then was the following: I clicked on the connection itself and it just connected to the router again.

Now I've done some research on this, and it seems that my router would just not handle the sleep state of the BlackBerry Playbook so it threw away the old leash in the router. When the BlackBerry playbook woke up from its sleep state it wouldn't request a new leash which resulted in not having any Wi-Fi connection.

I haven't worked around getting it to do requests a new leash, but at least I know what the problem was. I found out about this by checking out the router logs. Now, a simple fix is to extend the leash period to 0( inifinite ), but that; in my setup will result in security issues. Does this help anything at all? Or do you have another problem?
    I'm on the beta and same setup as you. Haven't had any trouble with wifi at all yet and my router still is set to mixed mode including N.
    12-04-11 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD