OK, sorry if this question has been answered, I did a search but no luck...

Is Wifi music sync available on the Playbook. When I select it in the Desktop Manager and try to turn it on it tells me 'Your current device does not support this feature'.

Is this coming? Is it a network problem on my end?

Thanks in advance!
    04-28-11 11:58 PM
    yup it works currently.
    on playbook, go to settings->about->network and take note of the IP address.
    then go to settings->storage&sharing and enable wi-fi sharing.
    then in windows:
    start->run-> "\\ip.of.your.playbook\media"
    this should prompt you to login. the default username is "playbook" with no password. drag files into music folder.
    or on your mac:
    in finder, go->connect-to-server->"smb://ip.of.your.playbook/media".

edit: maybe you meant something else by "sync", but this is how you copy files are you on a mac? if so, there is an itunes plugin floating around in another thread which will sync individual playlists.
    Last edited by JustAnotherBeerbot; 04-29-11 at 12:31 AM. Reason: oops?
    04-29-11 12:29 AM
    Right, I get that part, and that works fine. But in Desktop Manager, you can click Tools > WiFi music sync and you should be able to sync your media wirelessly via your network simply by clicking the media you want in the desktop manager.

At least that's the way I read it.
    04-29-11 12:33 AM
    Ok, cool. yah, I don't know anything about DM as I am on a mac.
    Your assumption sounds correct, probably just an integration bug or in-progress feature.
    04-29-11 12:41 AM
    OK, maybe I just answered my own question by reading this on blackberry's website:

KB23520-What is the Wi-Fi Music Sync feature?

For those that were curious, this will explain what music sync is. It works great on my bold and I really hope they roll it out for the playbook and include videos as well.

Or get DLNA support. I could live with that
    04-29-11 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD