Help me keep my Playbook - I have had issues from day one. Bought my first playbook on April 19th 2011 brought it home switched it on and connected to my wifi. Bell 2wire wireless router running wep encryption. The device connected and stayed on line for 8 minutes. At this point somehow my entire wireless home network was locked down. The first PB stopped starting for a day so on thursday Apr 21 it took it back and replaced it with a new one. I brought this one home ran through the set-up and connected to my home network for about 8 minutes and it shut down my home wireless network. I have worked with some helpful BB techsupport and some from Bell. I couldnt turn off the second PB and went back to Bestbuy to get my money back but I waffled and took a third PB. This time I took the PB to Starbucks and did the set-up using there Hotspot. No problems for 35 minutes, the PB rocked. Got home setup wifi and it worked fine for 8 minutes then brought down my home network. Ive tried a bunch of different things no luck -- Anyone got anything!!!
    05-06-11 06:20 PM
    I had issues with my Wifi originally (terrible speed) and figured out it was due to the security type (WPA2-Personal). I had to use WPA to get it to work.

One simple test you can try is to disable the wireless security for 10 mins and reconnect to your open wifi and see if that works. If it does, then try the other security options to see if only that one is causing you a problem (you can also check if your router has a firmware upgrade).

I'm pretty sure the playbook wireless software has some bugs in it in regard to handling some of the common security settings.

Remember to turn your wireless security back on after the test.
    05-06-11 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD