I have my main router in my home office and a bridge in the living room. The main router is on channel 6 and the bridge is on channel 11. For some reason the PB will only connect to the bridge when I'm sitting in my office, so the signal is low. Even if I reset the PB.

All my other devices switch automatically between the 2, to which ever has the strongest signal. Is there any way to manually switch channels in the PB config?

Thanks!
    05-15-12 09:31 AM
    Are you using the same SSID for both APs? If so, I had the same problem. I found that the only solution was to use different SSIDs on each AP. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide for a seamless switchover. Rather, I find I sometimes have to switch manually or turn my wifi off and on to get it to switch. The problem with different SSIDs is that the PB may still prefer the one given the higher priority in your saved list.

I have not tried using the same SSID with OS 2.0.1.358 so I am assuming this is not fixed in that version.
    05-15-12 12:54 PM
    Go into the wifi settings, switch to Saved Networks, tap on your wifi profile. At the bottom of the settings, check the box for "Allow inter-access point handover". Save and Connect.
    05-15-12 01:15 PM
    If ticking the inter-access handover box works, please let us know. I had tried that in my previous setup with little success.
    05-15-12 03:13 PM
    Thanks, the inter-access option seems to have done the trick for now.

Yes, I am using the same SSID for the both AP's.
    05-16-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD