Hello all! My second thread.

I believe that using a specific configuration on the router (below) I can say that the wifi issue in playbook was resolved or at least greatly improved.

I read some time in the forums, people complaining about loss of configuration or performance on wifi connection in the playbook.

Initially I changed security to WEP (before it was WAP2) understanding that could help maintain a stable connection. This was said by others and related in some OS updates on the tablet.

WEP improved somewhat, but the connection was still missing (less often) and sometimes the signal and performance were still weak.

I tested some manual configuration on the router, changing mode b / g / n, channel, speed or bandwidth of the data.

I think the Playbook works best with a primary standard configuration. The perfect recipe for me was (see also print screen):

- MODE: mixed b / g / n - Ok it was the router's default
    - CHANNEL: Put the number 1 (KEY CHANGE) - the standard was AUTO and how option had 1 to 13 channel number (worse result was channel 11)
    - CHANNEL HT: 5 was automatically - this according to the choice of channel 1
    - Data HT SPEED: AUTO - AUTO
    - Bandwidth HT - 20/40
    - Range Control HT - AUTO

I'm no expert on the router, but it almost solved for me. In other WiFi networks (work for example) the instability of the connection was less. So I think that the behavior of each model of router, using different standards for channel, affects differently in the stability of the connection.

If you can test these changes as administrator of the router would be interesting.

Sorry English - Brazil
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-04-11 11:06 PM
    Thanks for sharing it might help others.

Obviously the big problem is when you cannot control the router (at work or hotel, etc).

And your English is fine. I have NO Portuguese.
    11-04-11 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD