Newby here. Love my Playbooks. Did a search for this problem but didn't find anything that resembled it, so.....

The issue: the wifi networks at my RV spot show up in my available networks but the wifi power symbol is grey and my playbooks won't connect. The ***** is my wife's iPad connects no problem - usually the opposite happens.
    I put in the password - nothing, all grey power bars. I deleted all my saved networks, rebooted - nothing. Just a smug iWife.
    As a plus, both 16GB playbooks get stuck on the start up screen when near these networks and only then! They heal once we get away from them.
    Anyone had this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Dave
    06-18-13 08:51 AM
    Hmmm. What about signal strength? My icon can be greyed out when it is too low. Can you get any closer to the source, e.g. go outside? Have you connected at this RV spot before?
    06-18-13 08:58 AM
    Newby here. Love my Playbooks. Did a search for this problem but didn't find anything that resembled it, so.....

The issue: the wifi networks at my RV spot show up in my available networks but the wifi power symbol is grey and my playbooks won't connect. The ***** is my wife's iPad connects no problem - usually the opposite happens.
    I put in the password - nothing, all grey power bars. I deleted all my saved networks, rebooted - nothing. Just a smug iWife.
    As a plus, both 16GB playbooks get stuck on the start up screen when near these networks and only then! They heal once we get away from them.
    Anyone had this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Dave
    Very strange issue you're having Dave. Very unfortunate too.

I can't say I've been in that particular boat, but I have had issues with certain networks on the PlayBook. Generally when there is either a hidden SSID, or a WPA2 Protected password. The only work around that I found was to restore my private Wi-Fi, or find another network to connect to.

Major Pain in the A**! But it would appear that the PlayBook certainly has it's issues, and this one is almost inexcusable.

The sadder part is BlackBerry hasn't shown us owners much love lately in the PlayBook department.

Good luck,

Hopefully someone else will have a work around for you!
    06-18-13 08:59 AM
    If it's saved have you deleted it, roboot and tried it again?
    06-18-13 09:02 AM
    Thanks guys. it is wierd. It worked the first day and then it went down and has never been the same. sigh.
    The strength is 2 or 3 bars - so pretty good. Have deleted it and rebooted to no avail - that's when it'll freeze on the start up page...uuugh!
    my wife's BB phone connects fine and of course that damn iPad...

I'll just have to get creative and keep trying with this quirky network.

thanks again.
    06-18-13 09:23 AM
    I'd try to connect manually:
    Connect to a Wi-Fi network - User Guide - BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet - 2.0

There are a few more options that you can check to see if it helps.
    06-18-13 09:49 AM
    There have been a few other reports of having ODD pb issues in certain hotels or locations. The pb would not work until they moved to another location. I have no idea what could cause that - too strong a signal blowing the pb out of the water???? I think one guy was on a cruise?
    06-18-13 11:48 AM
    I was at a hotel with mine, I just gave up with trying to get it to connect.
    06-18-13 11:55 AM