I have a 64 Gb playbook. When I first plugged it in my laptop using Usb cable and install the drivers. After that it does not show under network each time I have to plug in using the usb cable. Can anyone help me out to set it up.

Thank you.
    05-11-11 09:44 PM
    start run then type //playbook

you can even map it as a drive if you'd like.
    05-11-11 09:53 PM
    i'm assuming you turned the wi-fi file sharing to "on"?
    05-11-11 11:04 PM
    i'm assuming you turned the wi-fi file sharing to "on"?
    Yes it is turned on.
    05-12-11 12:01 AM
    Make sure your Properties under "Network Identification" match what you have on your Win7 box. For example, if you changed your Workgroup name on your Win7 PC from the default ("WORKGROUP"), then you'll have to enter that workgroup name in the properties on your PB. Also ensure the user name matches that on your PC (not sure if the user name is required, or maybe only if you use password protection...but I put it in to be safe).

Tony
    05-12-11 12:18 AM
    I never got wifi file sharing to work until I went to get video chat to work. The only way I am able to use video chat is with my PB set up in DMZ mode. As soon as i did that wifi file sharing worked.

Does anyone know if this could be fixed with a different type of router? I don't really like having my PB in DMZ.
    05-12-11 07:42 AM
    I have a 64 Gb playbook. When I first plugged it in my laptop using Usb cable and install the drivers. After that it does not show under network each time I have to plug in using the usb cable. Can anyone help me out to set it up.

Thank you.
    This works very well (it's from supportforums.blackberry.com

"Wi-Fi� Sharing

Complete the following steps to share files over a Wi-Fi connection:

From the BlackBerry PlayBook home screen, select the settings icon.
    Select Storage and Sharing.
    Toggle Wi-Fi Sharing to ON.
    Tap Properties to verify network identification information. (PlayBook name, password etc)
    From a Windows or Mac based computer on the same network as the BlackBerry PlayBook, navigate to the IP address of the PlayBook which can be found under Settings > About > Network.
    On a Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and type \\127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    On a Mac computer, select Go -> Connect to Server... and type smb://127.1.1.1 (where 127.1.1.1 should be replaced with the actual IP address of the BlackBerry PlayBook)
    Users will then connect to the media folder which contains several subfolders such as documents, music, photos, videos etc. Users can then move files between the computer and these folders."
    theSteve likes this.
    07-22-11 08:36 PM
    go to device manager and make sure that under network adapters you have one that say Rim Network Device or something similar right click it and select enable it...i had to do that to get it to work
    07-22-11 09:33 PM
    go to device manager and make sure that under network adapters you have one that say Rim Network Device or something similar right click it and select enable it...i had to do that to get it to work
    Please, what if you don't have one that says that?
    What would one do next?
    thanks so much.
    01-20-12 07:11 PM
    01-20-12 07:14 PM
    I simply make a shortcut on my pc desktop and the address field in the shortcut is http://192.168.0.1xx (the ip of my playbook on the wifi network)

Then anytime I want to access my playbook for file xfers I just click on that shortcut and voil�.
    01-20-12 07:31 PM
    Thank you so, so, so much for sharing this. Happily, I figured it out about an hour before I found this thread.

But I love that you did that.... Where's that thanks button...
    01-20-12 11:55 PM
    01-23-12 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD