Yesterday I brought my playbook 64 gb and I love it.

But One thing is not working properly. My wifi sharing does not work
    When I connect through the USB cable, My playbook shows up under network. However once I unplug the usb cable, it disappears.

I have a Windows 7 ulimate 64 bit laptop. I want wifi file sharing instead of each connecting with a USB cable.

Please let me know the step by step instructions as I am new to playbook.

Thanks,
    05-04-11 05:04 PM
    on your playbook tap the settings button in the top right
    along the left scroll down to storage & sharing
    make sure File Sharing is in the ON position
    make sure Wi-Fi Sharing is in the ON position
    if your wifi network (or networks you join frequently) are open and do not have a password, you may want to also turn on Password Protect so your files are not accessible to everyone on your network
    danield3 likes this.
    05-04-11 05:19 PM
    go to your settings from the main page (upper right corner, little gear icon)

select Storage & Sharing, make sure file sharing and wi-fi sharing are turned on... swipe up to see all the settings in this menu page

tap 'Properties' next to Network Identification and make sure the workgroup name is the same as your homegroup name on your Windows 7 machine

This should allow the playbook to be accessible as a network device from your Windows 7 box. Worked for me, I transfer movies & music this way. Can't browse the computer from the playbook, however.

- Regards
    05-04-11 05:31 PM
    on your playbook tap the settings button in the top right
    along the left scroll down to storage & sharing
    make sure File Sharing is in the ON position
    make sure Wi-Fi Sharing is in the ON position
    if your wifi network (or networks you join frequently) are open and do not have a password, you may want to also turn on Password Protect so your files are not accessible to everyone on your network

Thanks it worked. But after a while it disappers.
    05-04-11 05:34 PM
    I just answered someone who asked this question about 2 hours ago...do a search before posting next time...
    05-04-11 05:44 PM
    good for you
    06-29-13 06:07 AM
    Yesterday I brought my playbook 64 gb and I love it.

But One thing is not working properly. My wifi sharing does not work
    When I connect through the USB cable, My playbook shows up under network. However once I unplug the usb cable, it disappears.

I have a Windows 7 ulimate 64 bit laptop. I want wifi file sharing instead of each connecting with a USB cable.

Please let me know the step by step instructions as I am new to playbook.

Thanks,
    Download Link from the BB site and install it on your laptop.
    Open Link and in the settings switch on the wifi connection.
    In settings create a list of the directories you want your pb to be able to see.
    Connect your pb with the usb cable and register it with Link.
    Once registered disconnect and use the wifi settings.

As long as Link is open and running on your laptop you can backup, restore, copy files via wifi.
    06-29-13 06:20 AM
    Download Link from the BB site and install it on your laptop.
    Open Link and in the settings switch on the wifi connection.
    In settings create a list of the directories you want your pb to be able to see.
    Connect your pb with the usb cable and register it with Link.
    Once registered disconnect and use the wifi settings.

As long as Link is open and running on your laptop you can backup, restore, copy files via wifi.
    You reckon he is still trying after 2 years?
    He doesn't need that anymore because now he is using the bridge via his z10 for the file sharing.
    06-29-13 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD