Hi guys,

I've spent the entire night reading posts on this forum and nothing so far has helped me. Please advice!

I'm trying to connect my laptop (Win7) with my PlayBook (OS 2.0) but for some reason my comp will not recognize the PlayBook. I can't see it under Networks or if I try manually adding the IP using run command.

File sharing and wi-fi sharing is of course turned on. My PlayBook and laptop are both connected to the same wi-fi network.

My PlayBook is simply unrecognizable on any of my computers.

Any advice?
    Like I said, I've done my homework, I've read every file sharing related post on this forum with no luck.

Thank you
    03-06-12 04:07 AM
    Can you ping it? You can open the command prompt and type
    ping (IP of your Playbook) and see if it responds. If you can then you can open it with the run command and type //(IP of your Playbook) and you should be seeing the folders. For me it works.
    Regards

Demetris
    03-06-12 04:10 AM
    Hm, got a new router and it worked. Strange!

Thank you though...
    03-06-12 01:01 PM
    Is the workgroup the same on your PB as the computer?
    03-06-12 01:56 PM
    I had same problem, but found it under 'network devices' or 'device networks'. Then I just created a shortcut... Not sure what happen becuase, I was able to search via '\\'.
    03-06-12 02:07 PM
    I've been having this problem since 1.0.8? 1.8? Whatever version that broke \\playbookname.

When I connect via usb everything is fine but cannot do it via wifi. Keep getting windows error: 0x80004005. Tried every suggestion and wipe and still nada.
    03-07-12 12:09 AM
    I had the same problem. It turned out that when I closed Splashtop Remote's software on my PC, the issue immediately disappeared. Hope that helps somebody.
    03-09-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD