hi guys, i gave my 16gb playbook to my dad and got the 64 gb version for myself. since hes had it, wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting in youtube (my dad uses the tablet for youtube primarily) so dont know if it would happen during normal browsing etc. its happening in two places, one at his house and at mine too.. so i dont think its an internet connection problem... does anybody know of a reason/fix for this?

when watching youtube vids when the wifi disconnects the 'please connect to a wifi network' box appears... this is constant.

he has the latest os 2.0.1.34x version installed (forgot what number the x was lol)...

also i have the 2.1.840 beta installed and dont have the problem any place, i think ill install the beta for him to see if that fixes the issue.. but does anybody know why this happening and how to possibly fix it?

many thanks and sorry if this has posted or asked before.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-12 06:39 AM
    Just go with the latest beta version. All other versions have known problems with wireless N.
    09-02-12 07:52 AM
    I just bought my first 2 PlayBooks this week......they hated the older WEP router security and were hit or miss on the Internet.....changed the security to WPA2 PSK and everything is good now......even an old nokia tablet I was going to bin works now...lol
    der_mit likes this.
    09-02-12 08:10 AM
    Delete the WiFi-network settings, and resetup the network on the PB. That might work.

Have he tried a 3-button (hard) Reboot ?
    09-02-12 08:28 AM
    Same problem I have on OS 2.0.1.358.
    09-02-12 08:29 AM
    Disabling the WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) setting on the wireless router, if enabled, may help. That made a huge difference with a 5-6 year old Netgear router I have, but not with a much newer Netgear routerr, which is not impacted by this setting.
    09-02-12 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD