CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Wifi - Cannot find network!!! ARG!!!

My playbook (2.0) does not find the one available (public) Wifi, which my every other device - laptop, ipod touch, bold 9000 - has no problem finding! The Wifi profile is saved on the playbook, from the one time a few weeks ago when I was able to connect, but it just will not show up as an available network.

Airplane mode off. Wifi on. Tried restarting playbook, no effect.

"No networks currently available." Except the one I'm using to publish this post, apparently!

Any ideas?
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,871 Global Posts

What is the one you're using to post with? Does it find the network anywhere? Not ideal but if your phone is on wifi, and I'm not sure, is the pb using your phones wifi?

3 button reset?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Genius

Try deleting the network and adding it again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I finally figured it out, and... well... I feel really foolish, but I may as well share my experience. I must have accidentally disabled the Wifi profile while handling it, so... umm... yeah. As the commercial says, "Live and learn, and then get Luvs".
    CrackBerry Genius

Enabling it was the first thing I was going to suggest, but I was afraid I might not be that simple.

It will disable them automatically if it fails to get an ip address. I have seen this happen to a few of my profiles, especially hotspots.
    Thanked by:
    victorshikhman (05-23-2012)