I connected to wifi earlier this morning without a hitch. I was trying out tethering and then disconnect and now I cannot connect to wifi!!!!! I rebooted, I deleted the wifi saved profile, but still no luck

Edit: I just did a security wipe, and the device connected to wifi during the inital setup again *sigh* Not something I want to do all the time!
    Last edited by singh60; 04-19-11 at 10:15 AM.
    04-19-11 10:04 AM
    I have the same issue. The playbook will connect to any unsecured network with no problem. I have tried two different secure networks with no luck. I am using WPA2 personal and my laptop can connect just fine. I have power cycled everything including the playbook.

The wireless logs on the playbook show

trying to associate with xxxxmacaddressxxx
    associated with xxxmacaddressxxx
    CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED

and keeps repeating. Any ideas to get around this without security wipe or relaxing wireless security.
    04-19-11 06:13 PM
    same here will not connect to my password protected router.been trying allday and still nothing,been running off my neighbor open signal.but wanting to run off my router. i keep getting an error saying both name ans ssid must be unique amoung configurations.whats that mean? thanks
    Last edited by mohawk rcer; 04-19-11 at 06:50 PM.
    04-19-11 06:33 PM
    OK I got mine working (and being on with blackberry support for over 6 hours). I tried disabling all security on the Linksys router with no luck. I tried security wipe on the playbook with no luck. Weird was I could connect to some wifi open but not my own or a few others that we disabled security; as I use WPA2 personal.

Found an article referencing some security issues with wireless mode N with blackberrys that they don't support some code revs of N.

Changed my router from B/G/N-mixed to B/G=mixed and the playbook connected in a snap.

I don't know if my router has code for N mode that RIM doesn't support due to security issues but by simply disabling N mode it works so I am happy for now.
    rusty02 and ast_ph like this.
    04-19-11 11:07 PM
    OK I got mine working (and being on with blackberry support for over 6 hours). I tried disabling all security on the Linksys router with no luck. I tried security wipe on the playbook with no luck. Weird was I could connect to some wifi open but not my own or a few others that we disabled security; as I use WPA2 personal.

Found an article referencing some security issues with wireless mode N with blackberrys that they don't support some code revs of N.

Changed my router from B/G/N-mixed to B/G=mixed and the playbook connected in a snap.

I don't know if my router has code for N mode that RIM doesn't support due to security issues but by simply disabling N mode it works so I am happy for now.
    you win, man.
    04-19-11 11:18 PM

This is absolutely the solution!!!! Since OS2 first came out, I've been plagued by this problem. Thank you for this post!!!
    05-13-12 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD