An nothing at home changed? New device added, more devices connecting? Have you looked for a router firmware update? It's very strange that it worked and now it doesn't with no change to anything.
    05-24-12 04:02 PM
    Have just done, just that....I have in fact reset said password...as we speak....It still does not want to connect.....

It says "Failed to connect to the network. Please check your password and try again."
    05-24-12 04:11 PM
    Sounds like you might not be typing the password right? Does your router have wps for connection?
    05-24-12 04:26 PM
    Yup....it cannot connect to the WPS network....???? The playbook I mean.....Yet when I do a search for Wi-fi profiles it picks up my home network?
    Last edited by Time Lord; 05-24-12 at 04:44 PM.
    05-24-12 04:30 PM
    I, and others it seems, had similar WiFi issues after updating to OS 2.0.1.358.

I don't know if anyone ever found a permanent solution, but my only choice was to switch to my other Wifi access point. To this day, one works and the other does not and it all started with 2.0.1.358 upgrade.
    05-24-12 04:46 PM
    So atm I am pretty boned then...ohhh poo!
    05-24-12 04:50 PM
    Take it and wave it in the air above your head 3 times, then shake it up and down.....

Dang I'm at a loss lol. Do you have bluetooth off? Have you tried turning wifi off and back on?
    05-24-12 05:00 PM
    Bluetooth is off...have switched off and on the wi-fi a fair few times....
    05-24-12 05:12 PM
    You're difficult aren't you, lol.

Do you have the model number of your router?
    05-24-12 05:17 PM
    Update....It has now decided to connect to my wi-fi...hurrah!!! Thank you for your help everyone!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-24-12 05:21 PM
    I guess it was mad at you.
    05-24-12 05:21 PM
    Can't imagine why...I look after it a lot....:-(
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-24-12 05:25 PM
    Hey, do you all have screen protectors, maybe thats the problem.
    05-24-12 09:39 PM
    I've had on and off wifi problems since I got the PB. Running a common Netgear G router. Usually it works, but there are days I can't get it to go online and I get that same couldn't resolve the host name error. I even bought a 2.4GHz spectrum analyzer to see what else was operating on the frequencies/channels and it did nothing to help me. There can be absolutely nothing operating on or near the wireless router channel I select, and still it just refuses to go online and I get the same error message. So it's not due to outside RF interference (such as baby monitors, phones, wireless cameras, alarm systems, other routers, etc..that routinely operate in the 2.4 GHz spectrum).

I just usually give up and try again later if it won't connect. But if I really needed my PB to go line for an important reason I guess I would just be SOL. It's almost so regular now I just learned to accept that it won't always go online when I want it to lol.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I've tried every piece of advice from others here on these forums to no avail - (e.g. reset or reinstall etc... does nothing).
    Last edited by space_traveler; 05-24-12 at 10:14 PM.
    05-24-12 10:07 PM
    I, and others it seems, had similar WiFi issues after updating to OS 2.0.1.358.

I don't know if anyone ever found a permanent solution, but my only choice was to switch to my other Wifi access point. To this day, one works and the other does not and it all started with 2.0.1.358 upgrade.
    This is a OS 2.0.1.358 issue as I downgraded and was fine until I went back to .358. Hopefully an update will fix this soon as my pb has been spending a lot of time on the charging doc lately.
    05-31-12 12:13 AM
    I'm having the same problem, I keep getting "unknown network error". I to have tried everything. PB works great when linked to my BB 9930. This has to be something with PB OS.
    05-31-12 08:31 AM
    Well, I figured out my problem. The receiver for my wireless turtle beach wireless headset (Xbox 360) was causing major interference. The headset hasn't been used in awhile so I kinda forgot about it. I unplugged the receiver and everything has been perfect for days.

Are you guys sure there isn't anything in your homes that might interfering with your WiFi?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-31-12 09:01 AM
    I'm still havin this issue. I think it's a bug.
    9/10 when I turn on my playbook to use, it gets the same messages. It shows connected with 98% signal to both my Access points.
    My network configuration is correct. the IP is resolving. I can even ping SOME of my local network resources, like my NAS or my linux server.
    I cannot RDP to my desktop, nor anything with any of the more complex protocols.
    internet does not work.

The onyl way I manage to get back online properly is to reboot the playbook and my router and access points. Delete my network profiles and re-add. Then reboot again.

I'm doing a security wipe now to see if it resolves this. If it doesn't, I may have to consider leaving playbook. I cannot spend 15 minutes a day just to get online from the tablet.
    06-02-12 11:10 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD