Let's make it in General, Why are you using Playbook over any Tablets ?

The Tablets mostly get bought for Games, Which iPad is way better in that (with Jailbreak), Or it could be for Browsing, and i Guess Android Tablets are way faster then the Playbook.. So its just loyalty or there's something special about the Playbook ?

Thanks !

Note: i know that the Price is really amazing for the Playbook !, but there's also the Nexus 7 for 199$ i guess ?
    10-12-12 04:57 AM
    Because it is what I bought and it works so well with my phone. QNX, TAT and I don't care about a lot apps other people care about.
    10-12-12 05:37 AM
    I would never change my playbook for any other tablet. There are enough great games to keep me more than happy and more developers seem to be making games and apps for playbook. besides y buy an android when playbook can run android apps.
    10-12-12 05:50 AM
    Apples or Oranges....depends on your preference. My PlayBook is much closer to a desktop experience than my wife's ipad.She always comments on "why does your Web Page look so much different than mine? ". I assume flash support makes a huge difference. I am not bashing her ipad...it's a great device, just not my cup of tea. (a very expensive cup of tea ). I am not a big "gamer ",so the apps are not a problem for me. I feel that the apps are more than sufficient for me though......Just buy what you want and can afford enjoy!
    10-12-12 06:01 AM
    I don't play games on a tablet, that's what my ps3 and hdtv are for. I didn't spend a grand on an hd lcd tv so I could play games on a tablet.
    I went in store, tried all the 7" tabs and picked the one that suited my needs. It can be the fastest POS in the world, but if I am not drawn to it I'm not buying it.
    10-12-12 06:09 AM
    Why?....Here goes:

More intuitive to use; better display; faster working; secure; multi-tasking; ability to run android alongside; great cameras; excellent battery life; excellent memory management; no need to hack, tweak or crack; connectivity with mice & keyboards; hdmi output; excellent memory management; great productivity utilities; good gaming facilities (for those of us who use it to pass the time on trains, planes); good media system; excellent memory management; general adaptability...

Did I mention excellent memory management?

Simply, like others, having used all 3 major systems I prefer how the PB and PB OS operates; how it moves and what you can do. Add the huge storage and promise of BB10 and why would I go anywhere else?
    10-12-12 07:02 AM
    Bang for the buck. Tech devices have to, how do I say, "feel right". In Dec11 I played with many devices, and the PB was just the one.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-12-12 07:22 AM
    I got 64gb for a baragain. $250 incl delivery to Japan! ipad 2 sits in the corner of my room.

I just love the size and the bridging capabilities!
    10-12-12 07:36 AM
    My main intent for the purchase was the BB Bridge feature. Simple as that
    10-12-12 07:38 AM
    Portability, comfort and ease of usage,updates,and the support for the device both from RIM and Crackberry.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-12-12 09:04 AM
    I initially got my playbook because I have a relative that works at RIM so got it in last years RIM employee sale. Up until then I didn't have any desire for a tablet as they just seemed like too much money for something I wouldn't use that often and seemed more of a want than a need.

Now that I have had mine for almost a year, I don't know how I lived without it.

There are 2 main reasons I don't think I would give up my playbook.

1 - The ease of sending files back and forth between computers and other playbooks. I use Dukto every single day to send files all over the house between my now 2 playbooks and the 2 computers. I know you can't do that with an ipad, but I think you can with android.

2 - Bridge. When I first got my playbook I had an android phone. I was paying for a data plan to tether my playbook and phone but that gets expensive. I used it to send paypal invoices to customers at trade shows. When I discovered Petro-Canada's pay as you go plans (believe it or not they have the best) I switched as I could pay $8 a month for unlimited internet except you couldn't tether - but you could bridge. So I contacted my RIM relative and got myself a 9360 (love it, love it, love it) and haven't looked back.

And now with the texting capability, I simply leave the two devices bridged together all day, and answer and send texts on my playbook which I like better as its easier for typing (for me anyway).

Then of course after I have Duktoed over some videos to my other playbook which is permanantly attached tot he TV, I flip the bridge over to that playbook and pick my videos to watch, and surf the web selecting things to watch on youtube without having to touch the playbook.

My whole family now has playbooks as well as friends so Skype is no longer an issue, we all just playbook each other.

I do think that the bridge capability is the Number One reason to have a playbook if yo have a BB phone.

Then there are the zillion other little things I have discovered have make it such a great little tablet. The video is fabulous. I mentioned in another post how my sister and her husband took their playbooks to Africa and simply took tons of video, then played the videos, taking screen shots from them to send us at home. I may post some of them.

This little tablet is the steal of the century at the clearout prices that it is going for now. I do believe if RIM had done better marketing, it would have done a lot better. I hope they improve the marketing for the LTE editioin.
    10-12-12 09:13 AM
    I agree with everything else, but the battery life on mine at least is terrible. I'm at 20% now , been on it since 6:45 am it's 9:15 now. It was on the charger all night long. Not even 3 hours. Just Web surfing, we'll time to plug it in.
    10-12-12 09:18 AM
    I'm a BlackBerry user, which is the main reason why I use a Playbook over any other tablet. I can do everything I need to do with great urgenty qnd portability.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-12-12 10:13 AM
    The main reason I got a PlayBook was RIM gave them away free to anyone who made an app during a certain time, and I figured "hey, free tablet". TBH, I would probably prefer an Android (e.g. the Nexus 7), but I see no point in paying for something else now, especially when I have invested a reasonable amount into apps over the time I have had my PB.

I prefer the PB over the iPad due to the size, which I find more convenient, portable, comfortable to hold etc. while still being big enough to watch videos etc. In terms of games, there are less, but there are still dozens of great games, many of which I have and enjoy playing. I don't think I'm missing out on too much on that front.

Flash support in browser is another large plus over iPad, and even Android tablets which are now dropping Flash support (well, more Flash is dropping Android support, but the effect is the same). I also prefer the PB's gestures to the iPad's, and with Android I think you need to root to even get gestures at all. PB also seems to be a lot more secure than iPad or Android, but that's not a huge thing for me. When I need security (online banking etc.), I use my laptop anyway, not my PB.
    malcerie and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-12-12 10:22 AM
    I got 64gb yesterday for a great price at Office Depot. I appreciate Blackberrys ability to give me what I need and not alot of noise with stuff my 12 year old neighbors think is "cool". Cool for me is being efficient. Anyway,,, just getting my feet wet in the playbook. So far so good. Love the bridge capability with 9930 phone.
    malcerie and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-12-12 10:27 AM
    It's the interface. While my laptop is updating and restarting, I can use my PlayBook as a replacement. It's even easier to swap between Messages, Calendar and Browser (the 3 most common apps I've been using lately) than it is on Windows 7, and that's already very good. iOS and Android aren't even close in that department. webOS would be, but the TouchPad has a number of its own problems, and who knows what'll happen with Open webOS.

The Nexus 7 has a clear advantage when it comes to games, and some of the more obscure apps, but I'm quite happy with what the PlayBook offers, even if it's on the sparse side. And it's a lot easier with BB10 for the PB to get more apps than it is for either Android or iOS to get an interface that's even close. Windows 8/RT of any OS that'll ship comes close, but that's more something for a 12"-13" tablet as a laptop replacement.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-12-12 10:33 AM
    It cost just �129.00 for a 64GB tablet that wasn't made by a fly by night manufacturer I've never heard of before.

That's why I use it over all others.

Plus I was alone in the house when I saw the offer and the Gf wasn't there to say "NO!"
    10-12-12 10:42 AM
    That's a simple answer. I really didn't need a tablet, but once RIM reduced the price and being that the bridge feature is so wonderful with my 9930, it was a no brainer. No reason to buy any other tablet, because they don't work with my BB like the playbook does. I use it more for internet browsing, than anything else. I pay bills, watch movies & music videos, I stream music from the web. Don't really need a bunch of apps when the browser has been so great for me.
    10-12-12 11:01 AM
    I got bc of the price. When i realized all the Android apps that could be d/l and the quality of browsing, I' m more than satisfied. All depends on what you want to spend.
    10-12-12 11:24 AM
    I couldn't say it any more clearly than the dozen guys above. I am very pleased with my PB. The iPad & Android owners I've shown it to have all remarked how impressed they were with it (and mostly were unaware it even existed).

When BB10 is released, I hope they go on a big marketing binge saturating the airwaves the way the iDevices and the Androids are right now.
    10-12-12 11:31 AM
    Why do you Capitalize random Words? I Find this Really puzzling.

I like the 7" form factor, much prefer the OS to Android, which I have used and tried to like since the beginning, really like the hardware and think the PlayBook is the best value for the money. My 64GB was $200.
    10-12-12 11:32 AM
    I am a BlackBerry user by choice 1st of all. I love the bridge functionality, right now I'm typing during my lunch hour bridged to my amazing Bold 9900 (no wifi at work). also I love the portability, at 7 inch even with the BlackBerry mini keyboard it doesn't feel bulky to carry around. I take it to all of my corporate meetings and use it for note taking then simply email my notes to myself and save them to my work pc. I love the HD rear camer for recording family events, I even bought a tripod mount so I can record at length. I use it around the house and in my vehicle to play music. at home I can connect it via HDMI to my 50 inch plasma to watch videos or surf the web during family gatherings when we need to research vacation plans. one more thing is that it will be upgraded to BB10 when it is launched, it'll be like getting a new tablet for free.
    malcerie likes this.
    10-12-12 12:00 PM
    Because it works for me. Love the UI (hate the home button on the iPad). I've used bbs for years and being able to bridge with my 9930 when I'm out of wifi range is a bonus. Also love the size - for me a 10" tablet is just too big. Everyone is different so tablet wants and needs are also different. For me, I'll take my pb any day.
    malcerie likes this.
    10-12-12 12:08 PM
    One word: Stability. My Playbook never crashes. Ever. Period. Wish I could say the same about my Acer Iconia A200 running ICS. The difference is like night and day. Android is a crap shoot every time I fire up that tablet.

Bottom Line: Google's OS is for tinkering, rooting, modding and general fun. QNX is for work, especially when data loss-inducing random reboots are not an option.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-12-12 12:32 PM
    Why do you Capitalize random Words? I Find this Really puzzling.
    Probably to balance out all of the lowercase i's
    10-12-12 12:50 PM
62 123