Complete control from the phone. Awesome.
    I wonder about the folks without touch screens though.
    I figure they will get control with scroll pad/wheel. Keyboard and such. Won't be as good as having a OS 7 phone but it will be better than iNothing.
    01-10-12 04:32 PM
    very very cool cannot wait until February!!! Just hoping the experience will still be good with a non touch screen blackberry :P
    01-10-12 04:49 PM
    Yes, the video on the Crackberry homepage certainly answers my question. It all sounds great. I can hear the sound of trolls sobbing...
    farskija likes this.
    01-10-12 05:46 PM
    Hey, what about us holdouts still using OS5 on the 9650/Bold - I refuse to give up Column View in the browser!!!!
    Use Opera Mini on a 9900.................it is very nice.....and fast.....and has column view.......and were you joking?
    01-10-12 06:51 PM
    Complete control from the phone. Awesome.
    I wonder about the folks without touch screens though.

I wonder why they are still using a non-touchscreen. Upgrade already... It's amazing how much it enhances the BB experience.
    01-10-12 06:56 PM
    Use Opera Mini on a 9900.................it is very nice.....and fast.....and has column view.......and were you joking?
    In this case I was NOT joking! Folks over in the 9650 forum and the ESSEX thread think I am daff. And that might be possible but for other reasons. OS 6 does not provide a large enough font without having to scroll left/right as they eliminated the Column view which reformats text for web sites.

Scionic???Man: I waiting for the right price. I may have missed a window when Verizon had it marked down a bit. Also trying to read more about the brick/non-brick issues.
    Last edited by F2; 01-10-12 at 08:15 PM.
    01-10-12 08:00 PM
    Sorry if I am being dense, but I can't figure out why I would use my 9900 keyboard to type on my Playbook. If I wanted to use a keyboard, why wouldn't I do the task on my 9900? I am sure there is a good reason, but I can't think of one!
    For one it's good having a choice and as other users have already alluded to, it gives you more screen real-estate to work with if you are typing a lengthy document.

Also think hdmi: Imagine sitting on a couch or laying in bed with your PB hooked up to your tv and being able to control it without having to walk to the PB.

Kinda like asking why people make remote controls to tv's and other electronic devices.
    01-11-12 08:17 AM
    Sorry if I am being dense, but I can't figure out why I would use my 9900 keyboard to type on my Playbook. If I wanted to use a keyboard, why wouldn't I do the task on my 9900? I am sure there is a good reason, but I can't think of one!
    No one is holding a gun to your head and demanding you use it.
    The capability just exists.
    Some of us hate scrolling all day and some tasks require a bigger screen and a tactile keyboard.
    Are you the type that believes unless they need a function on an OS then it's pointless?
    01-11-12 08:22 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD