H64g. PlayBook Bought, NIB in 2014, why would camera not be working?
    08-02-14 04:29 PM
    Maybe it is broke.
    08-02-14 04:39 PM
    Defect? Corrupt install?

Try wiping and reloading the software and don't restore your backup. If problem doesn't fix, then bring it in for repairs

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 05:42 PM
    Does it look like a test pattern?
    08-02-14 05:43 PM
    Its listed to sell; used a few times. just says camera stopped working and person doesn't know why
    08-02-14 08:10 PM
    08-02-14 08:23 PM
    The seller explained it this way: "when you choose the camera option it shows all the options
    BUT the screen was like dark gray so no images or details appear , and I did not re-boot it might be a little adjustment"

So, would you take the chance and buy it?
    08-03-14 08:20 AM
    I would not buy it. Though I had a similar experience once. After a few reboot, the camera started to work and so far has no recurrence of the issue. It's different when you have to take a leap of faith with a device you can't get your hands on experience.

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    08-03-14 08:49 AM
    How cheap is the price? And do you need a camera in the pb? For many the pb is browser or media center and they don't much use the camera anymore.

But I'm with Bambino - I probably would not buy it.
    08-03-14 12:40 PM
    How cheap is the price? And do you need a camera in the pb? For many the pb is browser or media center and they don't much use the camera anymore.

But I'm with Bambino - I probably would not buy it.
    The way the PlayBook it is today, every function is important. It's a huge deterrence for me even if it's selling for $50.

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    08-03-14 01:57 PM
    The way the PlayBook it is today, every function is important. It's a huge deterrence for me even if it's selling for $50.

Posted via CB10
    I'm inclined to feel the same way. I'm looking at extra playbooks cause they're discontinued. You want one fully functional, just in case your own starts its decline. Last thing you need at that point is someone else's problems.
    08-03-14 02:43 PM
    "...want one fully functional, just in case your own starts its decline. Last thing you need at that point is someone else's problems. .."

Before the "decline" (actually as soon as received) I would load everything (from backup ?) on the 'new' unit, and use it for awhile full-time to test for any bugs before mothballing it till actually required when primary starts "declining" ... imho
    castoridae likes this.
    08-03-14 05:00 PM
    The camera is not working because the camera is not working.

That is why the camera is not working.

Now, perhaps you can tell me why the first regulator/rectifier on my Honda CBR600F2 no longer works correctly.
    08-03-14 05:52 PM
    There is a known issue with the rear camera going bad. i Had the same issue with my PB. Blackberry repaired it . Not sure if BBRY still does repairs for the PB but doesn't hurt to call.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    08-03-14 06:11 PM
    The playbook in question was listed on ebay. I didn't get it after posting here.
    I bought a different one from a different seller.
    I have heard of rear camera issues, but I've never seen experienced it.
    08-03-14 06:43 PM
    Now, perhaps you can tell me why the first regulator/rectifier on my Honda CBR600F2 no longer works correctly.
    Because it's probably 20 years old. Anyhow, you're likely better off asking that question here- CBR 600F2 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners
    castoridae likes this.
    08-03-14 06:44 PM
    Because it's probably 20 years old. Anyhow, you're likely better off asking that question here- CBR 600F2 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners
    Or check out ebay, like I. Did !
    08-03-14 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the response.

Actually, I was asking a rhetorical question. The regulator/rectifier went bad 3 years in, in the mid-1990s, after about 30,000-35,000 miles. The word of mouth I heard back then was that 30,000-35,000 miles was about all one could expect on that regulator/rectifier on that model bike. I bought a replacement regulator/rectifier and it was still going strong 20,000 miles later when the engine experienced serious unrelated damage. I kept that bike as a parts bike for a CBR 600F3 and when the regulator/rectifier on the F3 went bad after 30,000-35,000 miles, I popped in the 2nd used regulator/rectifier from the F2.

Much better experience than what I had with my 1983 Suzuki GS550ES. The original rectifiers for that bike model were no good. When those rectifiers invariably went bad, Suzuki dealers were replacing the rectifiers under warranty with others that soon went bad. Took Suzuki a while to stock acceptable rectifiers and I spent a lot more time push-starting that bike than I wanted.
    08-04-14 03:56 AM