I only purchased my playbook recently and was unaware of the predicted software update

I did some research of tablets before purchasing and the reason for going ahead with Playbook compared to I pad 2 and others were simply:

Price - �230 cheaper than the cheapest I Pad !!

Cameras - 5mp front and 3mp rear compared to ipad (2mp and less than 1 mp?)

Superior quality video 1080 to 760

better ram 1gb to 512mb

and more importantly size - I wanted something bigger than a mobile to peer at but also an item that can fit into a pocket!

Therefore I am delighted with the bonus of the recent software update inc more app etc

Compared to others my requirements for the playbook are pretty simple but it does it for me !!

(Hope I have all the above facts correct!)
    02-23-12 05:10 AM
    yeah i agree its a great wee system
    02-23-12 05:15 AM
    No one denies it has good hardware. It is the software most users complain. Imo for 10month they should have done better.
    02-23-12 05:20 AM
    can i change the wallpaper on unrooted playbook
    02-23-12 05:22 AM
    yes.. open a picture and apply it as the wallpaper
    stephaneldugas likes this.
    02-23-12 05:27 AM
    Why so much negativity? Because people are never content. They like finding things to complain about. They are half empty types that focus on what is wrong. If they were to look at all the good things than would enjoy their experience more and see all that the Playbook can do.
    There will never be a piece of electronics that will do absolutely everything you want it to do, as fast as you want, as good as you want, and have all the features that you want. 3rd party Apps are written be others. If there is a function or type of game you want find a developer, pitch your idea to them and they may cut you in on the profits. If it is hardware that is the problem, find a device that has what you want.
    When I purchased my playbook the specifications were printed on the side of the box. I knew what I was getting and I am very pleased with my purchase.
    Just my humble opinion on why people complain.
    02-23-12 05:55 AM
    Why so much negativity? Because people are never content. They like finding things to complain about. They are half empty types that focus on what is wrong. If they were to look at all the good things than would enjoy their experience more and see all that the Playbook can do.
    There will never be a piece of electronics that will do absolutely everything you want it to do, as fast as you want, as good as you want, and have all the features that you want. 3rd party Apps are written be others. If there is a function or type of game you want find a developer, pitch your idea to them and they may cut you in on the profits. If it is hardware that is the problem, find a device that has what you want.
    When I purchased my playbook the specifications were printed on the side of the box. I knew what I was getting and I am very pleased with my purchase.
    Just my humble opinion on why people complain.

I'm not saying 2.0 is a fail, but it's not what I hoped for. I expected to be able to get all of my email -- my BES/work email account and all of my personal email accounts -- in the native email app on my PB whenever I wanted, whether on wifi or bridged. My firm doesn't support ActiveSync, and hasn't yet gotten (and may never get for all I know) Mobile Fusion, so my BES account is out of native email completely. And I discovered yesterday that only Gmail and Hotmail will function on bridge, leaving my main personal account (among others) disconnected when I am bridged.

Add to that the inexplicable destruction of synced music playlists on 2.0 that worked fine on 1.0, and you know what? I got a right to complain.
    02-23-12 06:01 AM
    OS 2.0 is fine for me!
    02-23-12 06:02 AM
    This is a tablet war and you are smack dab in the middle of it! Apple and Android are running a full court press to diminish RIM and the PB. It's as simple as that the PB is a good build and with the software update it's complete. The only complaints I hear from the trolls are where is Skype, NetFlix, Hulu and what ever optional app you can think of.
    02-23-12 06:07 AM
    Because people do not judge Apple and RIM with the same yardstick. I suppose it means that people expect more from RIM than from Apple. Imagine if RIM had come up with a home button.
    Actually, when I started researching about the PlayBook before buying it, most articles I read were complaining about the bezel swipes. That tells you how bad journalists are.

When people get frustrated with Apple, I reckon they just think "well, Steve Jobs knows better than me". With RIM, they start down the negative spiral. That is the power of religion...
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 02-23-12 at 06:16 AM.
    02-23-12 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD