None of the other ipad challengers are out yet and the Playbook will be out within weeks of anything from HP, Dell and before somd of the other contenders!
    02-12-11 06:12 PM
    Yup..................
    02-12-11 06:22 PM
    i think the wait is part of it. they showed this thing off back 5 months ago and its still a month away probably. the xoom will be out in about 2 weeks and many other tablets that have pretty decent specs are also coming. Its hard to keep the hype going for this long when so much is yet still unknown
    02-12-11 06:29 PM
    PlayBook is vaporware.
    02-12-11 07:03 PM
    i think the wait is part of it
    while i see why you say this, they said Q1 2011 at the announcement of it, so why is everyone only now moaning about it?

even further evidence was provided on the earning calls a month or so later when they said playbook wasnt factored into next results which end in feb, so everything for months has been pointing to march, i mean its not like RIM turned round yesterday and changed something is it?
    02-12-11 07:07 PM
    ooh i know its not "late" or anything, still doesnt mean you cant want it. i think the unanswered questions are not helping.
    02-12-11 07:13 PM
    PlayBook is vaporware.

02-12-11 07:13 PM
    ooh i know its not "late" or anything, still doesnt mean you cant want it. i think the unanswered questions are not helping.
    at the end of the day a little self control is all it takes, now if we`re at march 31st, then thats a whole different ball game
    02-12-11 07:20 PM
    at the end of the day a little self control is all it takes, now if we`re at march 31st, then thats a whole different ball game
    the only way i am making it while staying sane is youtube hahhaha
    02-12-11 07:22 PM
    PlayBook is vaporware.
    Go away kid.

If you can't do that stick to your own moronic thread you created.
    02-12-11 07:34 PM
    the only way i am making it while staying sane is youtube hahhaha
    Me too, found 3 new videos i'd not seen before on YT that even though says nothing new, was nice seeing it from yet another angle :P

p1

p2
    02-12-11 07:37 PM
    Me too, found 3 new videos i'd not seen before on YT that even though says nothing new, was nice seeing it from yet another angle :P

p1

p2

check out that one, it has a gesture i haven't seen before
    02-12-11 07:53 PM
    I think the one thing not mentioned in most "release date" arguments is trust .

Let's be honest. RIM has lost a lot of goodwill with the consumer. Unlike businesses where 1 person makes the decision for multitudes, private consumers are each individual entities that decide for themselves; each of the millions of individual personal cases must be convinced and the sales numbers from Verizon, for example (down to 20% of sales from a 2009 high of 90%) show people want to be convinced that what RIM says can be believed.

Release this thing in the time frame they claim it will be released in and maybe the path to healing is underway but they have yet to take that first step.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 05:40 AM
    PlayBook is vaporware.

aaaahhh....another one pops out of a basement somewhere....
    02-13-11 06:14 AM
    i think the wait is part of it. they showed this thing off back 5 months ago and its still a month away probably. the xoom will be out in about 2 weeks and many other tablets that have pretty decent specs are also coming. Its hard to keep the hype going for this long when so much is yet still unknown
    I agree 100%, I don't think its people don't want the playbook or that they dislike it its the simple fact there are a lot of unknowns and it seems the biggest focus in all the hundreds of vids is multi-tasking (which i think is great and know i will be using it a lot but we know its there already give us something else or even better the device). Hype can only last for so long without the product release, I think maybe rimm leaked news of the playbook a little too early but then again with so many players in the tablet game they may have wanted to keep people hangin on. As many have said now they r getting on their last string and people r jumpin to android (a lot of great tablets being released). Hopefully we'll see something soon, actually hear something soon about a release because personally I've seen tons of playbook vids.
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-14-11 07:40 PM
    I think the one thing not mentioned in most "release date" arguments is trust .

Let's be honest. RIM has lost a lot of goodwill with the consumer. Unlike businesses where 1 person makes the decision for multitudes, private consumers are each individual entities that decide for themselves; each of the millions of individual personal cases must be convinced and the sales numbers from Verizon, for example (down to 20% of sales from a 2009 high of 90%) show people want to be convinced that what RIM says can be believed.

Release this thing in the time frame they claim it will be released in and maybe the path to healing is underway but they have yet to take that first step.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    im sorry i dont follow, what have they gone back on that would make them considered untrustworthy?

as for using sales data as a measure of trust, thats not gonna cut it, RIM held top marketshare for smartphones in the UK for 2010, so they can be trusted in the UK but not the USA? so no sales data doesnt mean trust, especially when you factor in that the torch (latest touchscreen BB) and i believe the pearl or style arent available on verizon, so your really basing your arguement on the fact VZW offers 2 BB`s.

that doesnt show lack of trust, market appeal maybe (although CDMA devices are out there that arent on VZW - style) or simply VZW decided to pile everything into android because they could see a way of monetizing that platform better as they are allowed (in conjunction with manufacturers) to chop and change android as they see fit. in the USA Droid is symbolised as an android phone due to how much VZW put into it, say that in the uk and ya get a blank face.

market sales for one carrier in one country doesnt equal trust (or a lack of)
    02-14-11 08:06 PM
    I agree 100%, I don't think its people don't want the playbook or that they dislike it its the simple fact there are a lot of unknowns and it seems the biggest focus in all the hundreds of vids is multi-tasking (which i think is great and know i will be using it a lot but we know its there already give us something else or even better the device). Hype can only last for so long without the product release, I think maybe rimm leaked news of the playbook a little too early but then again with so many players in the tablet game they may have wanted to keep people hangin on. As many have said now they r getting on their last string and people r jumpin to android (a lot of great tablets being released). Hopefully we'll see something soon, actually hear something soon about a release because personally I've seen tons of playbook vids.
    I agree also.
    However, not to jump off topic but I will somewhat I still don't understand RIM's plan on leaking the PB so early. Yet now they are so silent on the phones. So they leak the PB to show people it's coming and to hold them off on buying a tablet. Now thou, other tablets are being released before it and RIM is still showing us that Quake is running in the background as another app is running. I don't care anymore, release the thing already.
    My off topic point was that why the *#)) haven't we saw any phone info? We know they are coming so why not show us them to hold us over like they did the PB? What's the difference? It's the same concept they did with the PB, tease us with a new innovative phone so that with all these other impressive phones that are coming out every other day we have something to look forward to?! This is getting out of hand, I've saw the same PB demos over and over again.
    On another note, where is TAT in all this? Their website is filled with a lot of very innovative videos on what they did on different OS's and it's quite impressive if you've watched. However, the PB looks to me as plain as can be UI wise. It's actually pretty pathetic if TAT has had anything to do with the PB, they need to step it up.
    I know CX said we are going to hear things about the PB in the next few days I'm assuming. However, I don't think we are looking at a release anytime soon and I have several reasons for this. I just hope that I'm proved wrong cause I really want a PB regardless of my frustration with the situation
    02-14-11 08:25 PM
    I agree also.
    However, not to jump off topic but I will somewhat I still don't understand RIM's plan on leaking the PB so early. Yet now they are so silent on the phones.
    RIM didnt `leak` the PlayBook, they announced it as a coming soon device. offically as far as RIM are concerened, the new phones arent announced.

and the PlayBook uses a totally different OS and therefore a different set of developer tools, so i think the main reason for them annoucing the device at the developer conference was to gain traction on the developer side, rather than dropping a totally new device and OS with no apps to support it.
    02-14-11 08:32 PM
    i dont think TAT was to involved in the PB. I think we will see their work in the phones maybe. I wouldnt say the PB looks plain, but it doesnt look customizable really either. I would love to be able to shake that up to get better use out of the screen and such. Again nothing is known for sure other than it runs pretty smoothly and can multitask
    02-14-11 08:33 PM
    I hope you can change that crappy back ground
    02-14-11 09:24 PM
    Notdown, but tax return is about to come back and I would like a release date and price confirmation. RIM is slow at things and that is their way, but time to cough it up and give confirmations.
    02-14-11 09:45 PM
    Notdown, but tax return is about to come back and I would like a release date and price confirmation. RIM is slow at things and that is their way, but time to cough it up and give confirmations.
    Since that guy stated the under $500 price tag months ago, now they are sort of stuck with that, there was probably a memo circulated at RIM that if anybody else made a firm commitment on anything they would cut their d..k off and feed it to the wolves.
    02-14-11 10:30 PM
    PlayBook is dead.
    02-14-11 10:33 PM
    PlayBook is dead.
    its an inanimate object. its neither alive nor dead.
    02-14-11 10:35 PM
    PlayBook is dead.
    Answers.com - What is an inanimate object
    02-14-11 10:43 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD